+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ivf - tesa icsi

Hi Ladies
    Just wanted to start a thread to get some personal experiences on the process!
    Looking for some inspiration and knowledge. I did IVF with my ex husband but did not need TESA. So am new to this side of the process. If anyone can help out, it would be greatly appreciated!
    to all of you going through this!
    Jae

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jaebyrd

Just wanted to share my story with you and give you some hope. We did IVF with TESA and ICSI. DH has swimmers but we now know they are blocked from getting out. His part of the proceedure was fairly simple. Day surgery under local. Recovery was about a week off work, then he was just a little tender for the next couple of weeks. We went on holidays on a yacht the following week and he managed to keep up with everyone, so no major drama with recovering.

We then did IVF. One full stim cycle and got 4 embies. Transfered 1, BFP but only for a couple for days then lost it. We then did a natural frozen embryo transfer with 1 embie and BFP and I am now 24 weeks UTD!

Aside from the obvious stress of the whole thing, and not knowing if DH was going to have swimmers prior to doing the TESA, I found the whole experience fairly easy. I know we got lucky in IVF getting UTD so quickly, and I won't say I didn't wish we could have kids naturally, but I think staying positive and trying to keep busy through the whole thing really helped.

I hope you have success with yours, and get your little bundle of joy. Let me know how you go!

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Jaebyrd

Dp had a vasectomy 12 yrs ago, so we did TESA and ICSI. Dp's sperm retrieval happened while I was in for EPU, they fertilised the 6 eggs via ICSI then froze the remainder of his sperm. After they froze it they defrosted a small sample to see if it survived defrosting well. Thankfully it did, and we've got several straws of the good stuff for future use! If it hadn't I imagine the poor man would have to have the procedure done again at my next EPU.

Just a bit of info that I was too cocky to consider in my newness to IVF, and everyone else with half a brain will probably roll their eyes a little . ICSI doesn't guarantee a high fertilisation rate, I think it's 50 - 75%. I thought with 6 eggs I'd get 5 or 6 embryos, so was knocked a bit flat that we only ended up with 2. Hope you have a really good rate though!

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear! I didn't realize anyone had replied to this thread!
    Thank you ladies. DH had TESA last week and we have some frozen for EPU early April.
    I'm on provera ATM waiting to start.
    Hoping we get some promising results. FS is really optimistic as I am still young.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Glad to know it's all happening soon for you.

I came off the pill on Sunday, and had a BT today, hopefully jabbing tomorrow or Thurs then EPU end of March. for both of us, and our OH's contributions of course.

Good luck!