+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope, but I am guessing majority of parents at my childrens school have, It's kinda funny all the mums in the performance "hoon" cars drive at the limit and we are constantly overtaken as parents race for the end of the merging lane so they do not have sit on 40 behind us! I have given up on the quick way to school and take the senic route as it makes me so mad so many parents disregard speed limits but feel free to put my car down as it looks like it would be one of those "hoons in hotted up performance cars" when actually it is the Prados, carnivilles, CX7, camry putting kids at risk. I know many in performance cars do this to but it annoys me that so many parents speed with kids on board.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachside Mumma View Post
    Just a question - are the red light cameras at all those intersections speed cameras as well?
    Argh I just accidentally thumbs up this post without meaning to! sorry new phone!

So that killed my lurking mode!

I've never been caught speeding since I'm just in my ls but my license was suspended for not voting, but the electorate stuffed up my away vote so it was fixed with a letter.

One of my friends ended up getting fined for speeding in a tunnel and racked up $200 on fines from forgetting to pay tolls and he was from a different state so he had no etag.

Sent from my LT15a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
    Yes - 1

10km over
    same haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got one recently.

Booked at 110 in a 100 zone, except the 100 zone was 300m ahead of me, the cops were in the 110 zone where I was, but had just come from the 100 zone and had not changed it. So it was incorrect, but I freaked out for a bit thinking my speedo was out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing experience everyone! Made me feel better about myself now. My 1st experience dealing with police.

Btw before writing down speed fine, the police said "so you bring a baby" i didnt asked but now i wonder whether bringing baby will increase speed fine. Btw i got $150 fine with 2 pts demerit.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Once. 7ks over on a camera at the bottom of a hill on a 50k road that had *just* changed from being a 60k rd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once... and it was only 1 week and 1 day from buying my first car.

I was done doing 74 in a 60 zone so lost 3 points & $150.

Just over a year later i got 1 point and $30 for flashing my lights to let cars know of a speed camera ahead

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yup. On my motorbike.

I was doing 70 in a school zone.
    It was 2.01pm - the clock on my dash said 1.55pm.

I got done for speeding in a school zone, 30km over the limit, and something else which I forget.

$395 and 4 points

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've never had a speeding fine but a fine for holding my phone $300 and 2 points later was on my green p's I was so paranoid about losing my Lisence only having 1 point left till opens that I was the most careful driver ever. I learnt my lesson I don't look, touch or even think about my phone when driving now.