+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inkognito View Post
    Yep...

I've had more than I like to admit :embarrassed: luckily I have never lost my license for it, but I sure been close before, I've been let off on one, It was late, i had just finished a crap shift at work and I was less than 100 metres from home when I got pulled over for doing 60 in a 50 zone, I just burst in to tears lol, the poor cop didn't know what to do, when he realised how close I was to home (I could see my house) he just let me go.

One handed hubbing on the go
    I burst into tears as well not on purpose... I really was upset! Didn't let me go though but he was really nice...

Sent from iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've never been fined for speeding. But I did get a finger shake from a policeman once

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    No speeding fines here either.

I did have a police man follow me and then pull me over for a 'random' breath test once though...the one night I was driving in my pj bottoms. Oh the humiliation! He took one look at me and said, "Well, you obviously haven't been out drinking tonight'!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by inkognito View Post
    Yep...

I've had more than I like to admit :embarrassed: luckily I have never lost my license for it, but I sure been close before, I've been let off on one, It was late, i had just finished a crap shift at work and I was less than 100 metres from home when I got pulled over for doing 60 in a 50 zone, I just burst in to tears lol, the poor cop didn't know what to do, when he realised how close I was to home (I could see my house) he just let me go.

One handed hubbing on the go
    Oh dear..... Well I haven't had a speeding fine...but I shall be expecting one in the mail then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachside Mumma View Post
    Just a question - are the red light cameras at all those intersections speed cameras as well?
    I don't know what state you're in (I'm on my phone) but here in WA there are a few red light/speed cameras at certain intersections. The one I went through was Tonkin Highway...hmmmm, I think it was Collier Road, I can't remember exactly!

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    a few. i drive through two popular cop spots, both 60 zones on straight flat roads, almost every day. never been pulled over, each time the first i've known is when the fine arrives in the mail.
    i've never been fined for going anything less than 11km over. even in those 60 zones they've only ever fined me for going at 71 or above. i know this because i've gone past their cameras right on 70 before and not been fined for it. and when fines do come out it tells you which category of speed you've been fined for, and in my experience 11-20km over is $100 and 1 point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    I don't know what state you're in (I'm on my phone) but here in WA there are a few red light/speed cameras at certain intersections. The one I went through was Tonkin Highway...hmmmm, I think it was Collier Road, I can't remember exactly!
    I'm in WA too. So they're not at all the intersections? I know I didn't slow down enough at a few sets of lights on the Roe highway the other night. Don't recall any flashes though but it was 1am and I'd just driven from Kal so it's quite possible I didn't even notice! Only time will tell I guess.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    twice in 15 years of driving, first was coming down a hill on a country highway at 2am, i was going 114.
    the second was 60 in a 40 zone, id ridden my bike through there for 2 years and honestly thought it was a 60 zone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never!!
    Have been fined TWICE for driving on my learners alone
    Was young and dumb and have been a good girl for the past decade since!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 2 in 10 years, and both were in the last 6 months.
    Very embarrassed. The first one was more than likely hubby, but it would have been the first for either of us, so rather than bother contesting and all that I just took it. It was a temporarily restricted zone on the highway (on an 8 hour drive).
    The second, the cop was literally 1 handful of meters into an 80 zone, (down from a 100 zone) and I was going 98. That was 3 points and $250 ( so I have lost 5 points in 6 months.

Hubby was going 64 in a 60 zone the other day and a dude was standing there with a radar so time will tell on that one. If he was done I am NOT taking it.

We have never been 'got' by those permanent/stationary cameras before.

Oh, and I can honestly say I NEVER speed anymore...

I was VERY upset about my 18klms ticket.