+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Too many to count, to be honest. I've lost my licence three times all from speeding. The last fine I got was from a speed camera but no points...although I thought I might've gotten done the other day going through an intersection on Tonkin Highway because I was distracted for a second and I think I was going 86, I'm not sure.

I'm stoked because I've finally just got all my points back after my last big fine a few years ago. Although the quickest way to get them back is actually to lose your licence, you don't have to drive for three months and at the end of it you have a shiny, new 12 points as opposed to having to wait three years to get them all back!

(Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting that anyone should got out and lose their licence to get their points back, it does suck not having a licence for three months!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

naebie  (24-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    although the quickest way to get them back is actually to lose your licence, you don't have to drive for three months and at the end of it you have a shiny, new 12 points as opposed to having to wait three years to get them all back!
    omg! Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I was doing 80 in a 70 zone just of the freeway. $133 and 1 point.

Years ago I was done doing 70 in a 60 on the freeway. It was 70! Anyway 1 year later 3 months on my opens I got a letter saying because it was a public holiday I have lost my license due to a fine a year ago whilst on my p's.

So two one point turned into 3 that day. Which took my opens away even though I had 12 points! Now I can't get insurance with who I want and I pay higher excess.

Qld transport and police said it wasn't right yet because it happened interstate I had no case

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ive only ever had one, from a camera.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a speeding fine sitting on my table as we speak

It was from a camera on a freeway, going only 5km over damn it....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had two. First time from a camera and the second time I was pulled over. I felt so bad because I was rushing to school. But they did hide down the bottom of a big hill and I saw lots of other school parents getting pulled over too.

Sent from iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I got a speeding fine and it was Steve Irwin's fault . I was driving to work the morning after I heard he had died and was listening to the news story on the radio. I was driving in a school zone but didn't concentrate on the time as I was too enthralled with what had happened. So when I got pulled over I gave the policewoman a big smile because I thought it was for a breath test and knew I'd be fine. When she told me that I was speeding in a school zone I did a double take on the clock and she could tell I didn't realise the time but still gave me the fine anyway.

I didn't bother explaining myself because I was speeding in a school zone (although if it wasn't a school zone I would have been doing under the limit). Also, if I told her it was Steve Irwin's fault she wouldn't have believed me anyway so I just had to accept it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    Too many to count, to be honest. I've lost my licence three times all from speeding. The last fine I got was from a speed camera but no points...although I thought I might've gotten done the other day going through an intersection on Tonkin Highway because I was distracted for a second and I think I was going 86, I'm not sure.

I'm stoked because I've finally just got all my points back after my last big fine a few years ago. Although the quickest way to get them back is actually to lose your licence, you don't have to drive for three months and at the end of it you have a shiny, new 12 points as opposed to having to wait three years to get them all back!

(Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting that anyone should got out and lose their licence to get their points back, it does suck not having a licence for three months!)
    Just a question - are the red light cameras at all those intersections speed cameras as well?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beachside Mumma For This Useful Post:

Jay87  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PP yes there is cameras that do record speed at some intersections but they don't fine automatically like the road side cameras do. They are not the red light cameras tho.

I got my first fine in 20 yes the other day and I knew the camera was there as I only drove past it 20 mins before hand.
    I have been let off before but only in the country.

inkognito is offline Moving on is simple, its what you leave behind which makes it hard
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachside Mumma View Post
    Just a question - are the red light cameras at all those intersections speed cameras as well?
    Yep...

I've had more than I like to admit :embarrassed: luckily I have never lost my license for it, but I sure been close before, I've been let off on one, It was late, i had just finished a crap shift at work and I was less than 100 metres from home when I got pulled over for doing 60 in a 50 zone, I just burst in to tears lol, the poor cop didn't know what to do, when he realised how close I was to home (I could see my house) he just let me go.

One handed hubbing on the go