+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone got speed fine?

I just went back from DD swimming lesson & on the way home I was hurry to go home to feed DD & she was also tired after a lesson. Then I cant imagine I was stop by police & give me a speed fine. I really thought the long street I drove is 60km but according to police it is only 50km........Arrrrgggggg I was so upset to myself and made a bad day.

Has anyone ever got speed fine? How much you got fine?
    Has anyone experience being stop by the police but he didnt give you the speed fine & let you go?
    What did you say to the police?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was doing 10km over hurrying to get home to my 8 week DD's because my mum had them while I took XDP to Tafe (were living there at the time) and they had woken up and wanted boob. Got pulled over and told them exactly that and he let me go!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

BorrisWombatWife  (24-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep, i got one for going 60 in a 50 zone - i had genuinely thought i was in a 60 zone as it appeared (to me) as more a main road and not a side street and the road that lead on to it was 60 (very confusing).
    I was caught by a speeding camera and the fine was around $250 or something - i was very upset about it as i had no idea i had even sped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep. DH took it for me though as I was only on my P's.

I was doing 92 in a 70 BUT to be fair it was on the highway and it had only JUST been changed, I thought I was being a good girl for driving UNDER the speed limit! Grrr

I got snagged by a speed camera.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Assume that it is 50km (usually in a built up area) unless otherwise marked.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magic star For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (25-02-2012),Mod-Myztik  (24-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverspoon View Post
    Assume that it is 50km (usually in a built up area) unless otherwise marked.
    I always do now, i learnt my lesson

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Yep. DH took it for me though as I was only on my P's.

I was doing 92 in a 70 BUT to be fair it was on the highway and it had only JUST been changed, I thought I was being a good girl for driving UNDER the speed limit! Grrr

I got snagged by a speed camera.
    Similar thing happened to me- doing 80 in a 60 zone- camera was 100m past the 60 sign.

It wasn't a very good pic of my car for 300 beans (and 3 points)! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, once.

I was speeding through a school zone!! I was horrified when the police pulled me over.
    Mainly because there was no school there! It was across a huge park that spans about 4 blocks. And Id turned in from another street and the speed signs were already behind me. It was only 2.30 and there were no kids around to even give me a clue.

The policeman was very understanding and dropped the fine to the lowest speed and cost for me, I think he saw how genuinely shocked I was. He also saw me turn out of the street too, so he knew I wasn't lying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup. First time and last time I Hope. I never speed I was Driving from Adelaide to Melbourne on empty straight roads. And there was one car who was going faster and slower in front of me for about an hour. Just being a d*ck. I have never over taken in my life and I did and I swore the speed limit was 110k as it had been most of they way but it was 100k. Just as I over took he sped up and I had to make the decision to floor it and get in front or go back behind. I floored it for first time ever on an empty country road

A cop was waiting on the side of the road with a $430 fine even more extreme because I thought it was 110 but not. So I was already over by 10

Will never over take again I do believe they can choose whether they can just caution you or give you the fine. Depends on his/her day I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have four times. I have nothing to say in my defence. I was an idiot! Four times idiot really! Young and stupid is no longer a valid excuse to me