+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daddykisses View Post
    I think it's actually illegal to do it
    It is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I flash when I see a speed camera as I appreciate it when people flash me.

I dont speed but I dont want to get a speeding fine at all! My cars speedo is out and to get it fixed is going to cost a heck of alot of money so I roughly know I am following the speed limit but as you only have a 3 km reduction on a speeding fine if you are over the limit I prefer to err on the side of caution and go 10kms below the speed limit when I see a camera.

So yes I flash however if there is a hoon going double/triple the speed limit, I wouldnt flash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a country driver I always flash for straying animals or dangerous changes in road conditions, but not so much now that I am older to alert speeders of waiting police and multi-novas.

I have sometimes wondered, seeing that flashing is such a tradition in Australia, if we shouldn't change it from being illegal. My reasoning is this: everyone slows down if they are flashed, and if they aren't speeding then they generally take a little extra care. If every driver flashed a couple of times every time they went for a drive, traffic would slow and perhaps lives would be saved.

It would wreck the tradition, but might make a real difference to safer speeds and driving on our roads.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Nup, never ever - I think they should just cop the fact they are breaking the law and I hope they all lose their licences.

I laugh when people call speed camera "Revenue Raising" and I see them as people stupidly dontaing money to the government - an easily avoidable situation

BUT, I have been known to flash my lights when there was NO speed camera when I notice a F$%k wit obviously speeding towards me
    This is what I have done too! I love watching them slam on their brakes in my rear vision mirror.... mwahahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I dont drive (yet) but my husband does, and I will too, unless they are actually speeding, thenthey can deal with it. But cars driving normally then yeah i will let them know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    I used to, when I was younger, but not do much now.

As others have said, I do flash my lights as a warning if the oncoming driver is heading towards some kind of incident or danger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I flash for hazards and flash extra when it's raining and people don't turn on their headlights! Biggest pet hate for me as I drive everywhere with headlights on and it's seriously so hard to see grey/silver/blue/black/white cars in rain!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's not illegal to flash your lights because it's warning someone, but it is illegal to drive with high beams on when there is oncoming traffic; that's what's illegal, not the warning of someone.

No I don't. I hope speeders get caught.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjay View Post
    I flash for hazards and flash extra when it's raining and people don't turn on their headlights! Biggest pet hate for me as I drive everywhere with headlights on and it's seriously so hard to see grey/silver/blue/black/white cars in rain!
    According to a Monash University study, white is actually the SAFEST colour car, followed by bright red and yellow. But you are correct with the others, incredibly hard to see dark coloured cars, and statistically they are involved in more accidents.