+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Qucik question re commision homes

Does having an intervetion order against the ex (fob) help with getting into commision housing quicker?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Tbh i dont know. If you have a roof over your head right now, you may not be pushed up the list.

I have my cousin living with me atm to boost her up on the list a little bit more. It may help possibly as she was classed with being homeless but it may not as i have a 3 bedroom place and they might think our boys are sharing room but they arent.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I might be homeless soon. I am a bit behind in rent and I am on a month by month basis (my lease ended last month), I am trying to get money together for rent and my case worker is seeing about rental bond etc (ex was late paying cs) and if I get kicked out I'll have nowhere to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you dont live with him I imagine not,
    My sister left her partner for not so nice reasons and moved her and her 4 children in with my mother, she went to housing comission but because it was a 4 bedroom house she was sharing with mum and dad they refused to put her on the list (1 room for mum and dad, 1 room for her, 1 room for her daughter and 1 room for her 3 boys) yet we had a friend who just refused to pay rent and let her children smear **** on walls and stuff so as a result she got evicted and she got put straight into a house,

Pretty sure being homeless is the ONLY way to get moved to the top sadly (there is a 5 year waiting list here)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends on where you have listed for the house... I've been waiting for 2 years and doubt I'll get anything within 5 years...the list is pretty long. At one point my daughter was possibly diagnosed as autistic and they said if she did it might move us up a little.. but there is no way of knowing where you are on the list or even if you'll get anything. Once people get a hc house they don't have to move out if they earn more money and I've heard of people passing them on through families which seems pretty unfair.. there aren't many vaccancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was living in a refuge (for Mums & babies) whilst pregnant with my 1st & I wasn't bumped up the list, just helped with bond & moving costs. There was another girl staying there who's boyfriend had just gotten out of jail, they were given a unit my DHC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MTC, i got mine transferred from my parents over to me. It may appear to be unfair but its not always the case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, well if I am homeless so be it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2bubba View Post
    Thanks ladies, well if I am homeless so be it.
    Hugs cass.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexta View Post
    I was living in a refuge (for Mums & babies) whilst pregnant with my 1st & I wasn't bumped up the list, just helped with bond & moving costs. There was another girl staying there who's boyfriend had just gotten out of jail, they were given a unit my DHC.

That's messed up!!!
    How is a criminal more worthy of housing than a homeless pregnant woman?!