+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Removing dummy to sleep better

Any ideas how i can get dd to settle without a dummy... She is 12 months and a terrible sleeper. I think the dummy is a large part of the problem as she is waking wanting it. (I've had no luck with controlled crying methods.. She just gets distressed). With bub #2 on the way i really need dd sleeping!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi! With both my boys I have used a dummy clip. U can also get dummy chains. It attaches to their clothing so the dummy can't get lost while they are asleep. Both my boys (i have a 2.5 year old and 9 month old) were able to use their own hands to find and put dummy back in by about 4 months old using dummy clips. I use clips that are on a ribbon and they are quite cute. U do have to be very careful that the ribbon/chain is not too long so it can't wrap around their neck. Obviously it would be a strangulation risk. If u search online there are some really nice ones. I get mine off a lady on Facebook her page is called 'baby dimple designs' and they ate much cheaper than others u buy in shops or online.

As for getting rid of the dummy all together... I really can't help u there as I have no experience yet but dummy clips may be worth a try so your little one can learn to put it in themselves? Saves a lot of sleepless nights. Good luck!
    Last edited by jacobsmamma; 24-02-2012 at 12:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen these really cute teddies that each arm and leg have a spot for attaching a dummy. Guess they can cuddle and suck on the dummy at the same time. Don't know if that would make it easier (I guess it would take a bit to remember that the dummy was on there )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I throw about 8 dummy's into the cot at night and my 9 month old just finds one and puts it back in. He's so cute, he actually sleeps holding a dummy in his hand, just in case. Adorable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    He's so cute, he actually sleeps holding a dummy in his hand, just in case. Adorable.
    OMG, too cute.