+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I go to the gym every day. I drop my eldest at school and then go directly from there to the gym. The other two go in the gyms creche. I found I have to do it this way otherwise I'll find an excuse not to go.

I'm also doing Weight Watchers at the moment and finding it surprisingly easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me:

I put DD in ergo and push DS in the pram. I do this while dropping DS to daycare and again when I pick him up late arvo.

This is the only way I can do some sort of physical exercise. I dont diet. ( it stresses me)and I am to lazy to go to the gym.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the "nike training challenge" app on my iphone. It takes you through a workout like a personal trainer would do, can do it in the living room. After DD is in bed I plug the iphone into the stereo and do a 30 minute or 45 minute (if I'm feeling extra energetic) session.

Most of the training sessions start with a 5 minute warm up (jogging on the spot, walking lunges etc) then 20 minutes of things like 1 minute plank, 30 seconds pushups, 2 minutes alternating lunges, then 5 minutes stretching. There are videos on how to do each exercise in case you're not sure what you're meant to do. And the models doing the exercises have fantastic fit-looking bodies which always make me feel extra motivated

There are easy, moderate and hard sessions so you can work your way up and never get bored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    gym and creche here too, I don't think i would have the motivation if I had that option taken from me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My wife and I go to the pool twice a week. We take turns swimming laps for half an hour and watching the kids. If you had another mummy friend in the same situation perhaps that would work? Although you need the right pool. Ours has a great baby pool that's ok for the 4yo too (has fun fountains etc) plus a playground right outside if watching three or four kids in water is too hard - we do it with two and its "not relaxing"

Thanks
    Reviews
    I park further away from school at dropoff and pickup and walk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a treadmill and put it in the lounge room. I use it when the kids are watching their morning Dora, napping or go to bed of a night time. Before that I used to use the gym crèche, but I swapped to Anytime Fitness which doesn't have one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have treadmill in lounge room. Put on Wiggly Waffle in the morning and I run while DS watches it

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I walk 6.4km 5 times a fortnight taking DS1 to kindy and back the other days I squeeze it around DDs sleep times and I chuck the tv on for the boys, I have one day off a week

Eta we have a cross trainer (elliptical machine) and a fat blaster (vibrating platform thing).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Put on dance/Tia chi ect DVDs with DD. run around the yard when she is playing, go for walks (we live in the city so walk a lot). Me and DH have started to "train" together or a morning. Lol