+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I go to the gym and my kids go to the creche.
    same here. love our gym

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It works best to combine healthier eating and exercise to lose the weight and good on you for wanting to exercise. I recommend trying the rapid loss if your smacking lots. It's tummy, comes in many different flavours and very filling.

Its unusual for a bub to not enjoy the pram that young, I'm sure if you persist bub will get used to it or perhaps a baby carrier or sling. Can you encourage your 4yr old to ride his/her bike along side you?

I used to go to the gym prior to the boys coming along but there isn't one in the town we live now. Although there are early morning fitness classes this is difficult with dh working away. My exercise is walking a few kms every morning and I have a pram with a toddler seat which 3.5yr old ds will use if I think there will be lack of footpaths where we are going or if we are walking too far otherwise he very happily rides his bike alongside the pram. Ds1 was accustomed to the pram from day dot so he loves it and still sleeps in it at 10mths which is great. I have also always done situps religiously for years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the ideas everyone shall try some of them.

Should clarify too... I do eat very healthily. Almost entirely organic, tonnes of fruit and vegetables etc. I just love roast potatoes and organic dark choc and am often baking for the family. So am happy to have salad for lunch but I won't give up my choc muffin basically

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Gym creche.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gym crèche, I also do exercises in the playground whilst watching kids (step ups, dips, lunges, squats, calf raises etc). I used to run mums and prams exercise classes - but they are tricky to participate in once the baby is about 2 as they don't want to sit in pram. Now I exercise once kids in bed going for runs/swims/gym.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I play netball in the evenings a couple of times a week. It's social, it gets me a touch of adult time and a bit of fitness! Also I do Zumba at home, my oldest loves joining in so it's good for the both of us and a bit of a laugh!
    Last edited by Mod-SammiAnn; 25-02-2012 at 13:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gym creche!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Workout DVDs at night when DS is asleep, and I run at night when DP is home. I also have to walk my dogs once a day otherwise they go crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I go when DH is home. I give them all dinner and then run out the door to my classes or personal training. If I can't make it then, for whatever reason, I go to a 6am class. I go probably 2-3 times a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I mostly workout at home doing wii fit or exercise dvd's, my kids are a little older so they are happy to play or watch me.

I've just made it part of my week now and at least twice a week I exercise before I do housework etc. It's really hard to prioritise it at first but I just have to, if I don't I am more tired and stressed out.