+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How do you find time for exercise?

Dieting isn't something that works for me (the thought of minimizing carbs and avoiding icecreams or chocolate treats makes me sad!) so exercise is clearly the way to go for shifting this last 6kg of baby weight... But with a three month old who doesn't like the pram and an almost four year old who doesn't want to walk fast or far, not to mention a very busy time and sleep deprivation to boot I can't seem to find time to do it.

After ideas to include a little here and there..

How do you do it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I go to the gym and my kids go to the creche.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The hotpants workout DVD by Dan karaty... It's a dance thing - each section is about 20mins I think so you can do the whole DVD or do it in sections - lots of fun (although just quietly I haven't done it in a while - must whip it out tomorrow) ... I go running - but my mum has my boys while I do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's hard isn't it! I play games with DD (6mo) that involve me lifting her up and down so basically doing squats if that makes sense. Squats are one of those awesome power exercises. Work up to 100 per day and you'll have an amazing butt in no time lol!

Can you set up the little one on a mat in the shade and run around with the older one? Like a fun game of chase or soccer?

Hmm what else...

Do you have stairs at home? A few laps up and down maybe.

Sounds lame but what about an exercise DVD twice a week like zumba or similar? When the kids are asleep or get them to join in for fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just googled "exercise with baby" and some videos came up on you tube - might be worth a look?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Im having the same problem but I only have one child and he's 6 months! So far I squeeze in wii fit in smaller sessions as he gets fed up being in his swing for too long and thats pretty much all I can squeeze in

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    unfortunately i just cant exercise with the kids are around, so i go to the gym, zumba 2 nights a week, aqua bootcamp and regular bootcamp in the afternoon and night, when hubs is home.

if i was forced to give all of those up, id be using my x trainer and exercise bike when the kids are napping.

goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    i don't, i hate exercise!!!

i just incorporate extra things into my every day activities like using the stairs instead of the lift/elevator, squatting to pick things up (instead of bending over, also better for your back), parking further away from the shop and walking etc.

i do go for walks down my driveway (don't laugh, i live on a big property and my driveway is really long!), go for bushwalks around it.
    i have a 4mo and i either put her in the pram or babywear. babywearing is great as it's like lifting weights!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I go to the gym every night when the kids are asleep. (so bout 8.30pm) I go to Jetts. I like 24/7 gyms I end up with the whole gym to myself sometimes which is awesome lol

I have also cut out soft drink, full cream milk, ice cream, carbs (eg root veg like potato) white bread, junk food and sweets. Was really hard the first week even had a withdrawl head for two days. But got through it for the sake of my health and losing weight. And 3weeks into my diet so far have lost 6kg and a inch off my waste

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I jusg joined the gym 2 weeks ago. I drop my older boys off at school and go straight to the gym, bub goes to the crèche

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub