+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, I wish it didn't happen. I can imagine how brave your friend from work must have been to let you know her news after knowing what you are going through, she sounds like a very respectful and caring human being.

When my friend was pregnant with her 5th child she was scared to tell me as I was TTC as well , but when she did she had tears in her eyes from guilt because she knew my struggle with infertility. Gee I felt so bad to think that she has been blessed with being pregnant and she couldn't share her wonderful news with me for fear of me being upset with her.

I agree with previous posts about it being perfectly fine to feel jealous and angry while going through your loss, I think it's a normal reaction to such a situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone.
    It's nice to know I'm not the only person who is feeling/has felt this way.
    I'm feeling much better today.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a real kick in the guts for me when I had my m/c because 3 friends (who I already knew were preg) announced it on FB, and I didn't care because at the time, I was pregnant too waiting my turn to announce, but that wasn't to be.

I never thought that my first pregnancy would be from IVF and that it would end in a m/c.

Life just isn't fair sometimes

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Big squishy hugs, I know EXACTLY how you feel.

I feel like God specially sends dozens of pregnant women across my path every day, to taunt me in their smugness about what they have, and I don't.

Totally irrational and awful. But true just the same. And I cry, and cry, and cry.

I think all of us who've been through this hell know how you feel and have felt at least a bit of it ourselves.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tiggerfields For This Useful Post:

Mummy2MissA  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree. It sucks.

I have 2 preggers friends who i was excited to be on the 1st bub journey with. Now I think about how I was the "1" to take the m/c bullet for them (in terms of the "1 in 3" stats). I am glad that they don't have to go through what I have. But it's still hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    disney! i didnt realise, im so sorry for your loss.
    i may be joining you yet ladies, i had my 8 week scan thursday, and there was no hb. im waiting till tuesdays scan before dr wants to do d&c wednesday. i dont have my hopes up too much, my dates are spot on thanks to ivf. life is truly a ***** sometimes.

i agree with 'i never thought it would happen to me!' ivf, being pregnant at all, and now potentially a miscarriage. im trying to stay positive, even though bubs did not survive, i now know i CAN make embryos, i can carry, and i will get there one day. i know ivf is supposed to never work the first time, but i thought maybe it was about time our luck had changed. i was wrong it seems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs hugs hugs to all of you. I feel you. We lost our baby this week, I have friends due roughly the same time and 2 baby showers in the next couple of weeks.

I feel so sad that I dont get to grow that beautiful bump and deliver that beautiful baby, but Im happy for others still getting to experience that joy.

It really is bittersweet isn't it?

My obs also told me the stats are higher than 1 in 3 and almost 50% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. That's extremely high.

Hugs all round x x x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I heard it was 1 in 3 women who will miscarry and 20% of pregnancies that end in m/c.

50% of pregnancies?! That's huge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yes 50% is right. That includes chemicals. Even a decade ago HPT weren't as sensitive as they are now so many women just thought they were getting a late period. Now they can detect up to 6 days before AF many women are getting the BFP and then losing soon after, which is what happened to me.My DH said I should never have tested early and I would never have known. But even without the test I would have known. Even thru having years of endo and I had never had a bleed like that