+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default It's just not fair! & I feel terrible...

Hi Ladies,
    I just need to vent...
    Some of you will know that I had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago. This Tuesday just gone was supposed to be the day of our 12 week scan which has made this week pretty hard already.

Then today, a friend at work announces she is 12 weeks pregnant meaning we would have been due the same week! I mean, come on!!! It's just really not fair!!!

It would have been so lovely to be able to share this time together...

Knowing what I'm going through she sought me out to tell me privately before it becomes public knowledge which is so lovely of her and we were both in tears as she told me.

I just feel so terrible that my joy for her is overpowered by my sadness for my own situation and that she was so worried about telling me what should be really happy and exciting news...

This week just really sucks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    From my own experience and from being in a group here of women dealing with m/c and ttc, I would say many of us could have typed your post. In fact I'm going thru the same thing atm. 2 women announced their pg after not even being actively ttc. It tore my heart out.

All I can say is, don't feel bad. You have gone thru a loss and feeling jealous and angry at the situation doesn't necessarily mean you aren't happy for them or you are being self absorbed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (23-02-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sorry to hear about your loss . A very similar thing happened to me with a friend of mine, and it was just devastating What you are feeling is very understandable and valid - please remember, it's okay to feel jealous, bitter, guilty and it's okay to grieve. Take your time to grieve your loss. Many hugs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (23-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks delirium and Witwicky.
    I just really needed somewhere safe to let that out.
    Thanks for your kind, supportive words.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As Delirium has already said, I am another who could have typed that post. So sorry for your loss, and remember it is normal to feel what you are feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At least your friend thought far enough ahead to tell you privately first and you didn't find out third hand off someone else or on Facebook.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing it is so hard to try and be happy when you are so heartbroken. Unfortunately I know exactly how you feel, just in this week two of my friends have had their babies. A friend of my sisters is having her baby shower this weekend and we were due the same week, also my mum is making the cake for this lady and has made little babies to put on top of the cake. Looks a bit weird if you ask me. Finally the breaking point for me was my DH came home last night and announced that a friend of ours is pregnant and due in a couple of months. I snapped at him and said what makes you think I want to know that, i then continued on saying i don't want to know if someone is pregnant or just had there baby. I totally lost it.

I'm so sorry you are going through this but just know it is completely normal or at least i hope it is lol. You are not alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You poor thing *hugs* a similar thing happened to me after we lost ours, it's not easy to deal with at all.

Stay strong, it's hard I know *big hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    a similar thing happened to me after my miscarriage. A friend announced her pregnancy and we would have been due very close together. It was so hard to be happy for her when I was still grieving. To make it worse they had only been TTC for 2 months and we had been at it for almost 2 years and had started IVF.

I hope you get your little miracle soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

A similar thing happened to me after my miscarriage. I was at work and pretty much burst into tears and ran to the bathroom. I felt horrible!

Hope next week is a better week for you.