+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Spotting on puregon

Hi - this is my first IVF cycle and Day 2 of taking puregon injections (150). Both yesterday and today I spotted (af finished about 4 days ago)...has anyone experienced this?

In my normal cycle I don't usually spot this far in...I have also been taking synarel.

I don't really want to freak out about this, so thought I'd see if this is something normal, or something I should be worried about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess I'm on my own...that freaks me out even more!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't panic Renvind. I've never used Puregon but I used to spot for several days after starting GonalF. It doesn't happen to most and used to freak me out too but it is actually quite normal. Messing around with normal hormone levels will do that!!

All will be good. I'm nursing my 6 month old now as proof =)

Best wishes for a rapid BFP

4. The Following User Says Thank You to drmummy For This Useful Post:

Renvind  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the reassurance Drmummy - I tried to google but really didn't find anything much..I just want this to go right (obviously) and feeling slightly victimised by the universe.

I actually rang the clinic today. The nurse told me it's nothing to worry about but ring my FS Monday as he may want to change meds for me. I asked her if that meant it's not working, and she said not at all. I'm still a little confused about that (if it's working why bother changing???? Unless it's not working???? see!! totally confused!!)

Ironically, the spotting seems to have stopped now. I also got a massive headache today. The first one I've gotten since I started the cycle and had to bring out the big guns (Panadeine) - not sure if the headache is related to the end of the spotting.