+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, SAHM. I have a cleaner come for 2 hours a week. She does a thorough vacuum, mop, dust, cleans the inside of the windows, scrubs out the bathrooms/toilets.

Why do I have one when I'm a SAHM? It's cheaper than putting the kids in daycare and it's too much effort to clean a house properly with 2 under 2.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

heeeeerekittykitty  (24-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd love to have one but can't afford and can't justify. I'm a SAHM, have plenty of free time but I hate cleaning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, for two hours a week, she is just gold

I work full time, I could do it myself tbh but we can afford it and it's more time with family on the weekends so worth it to us.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a SAHM & I have a cleaner once a fortnight for 2 hours & it costs $100.00 (but there is two of them - I have a big house).

We originally got one when i was pregnant & had a 6 month old baby - i was still feeding through the night with her & totally exhausted.

With two under two & just looking after young children in general cleaning often takes a back seat. Plus i am doing uni part time so any spare time i like to study.

I clean the house in sections throughout the rest of the week & my husband does alot of it as well. But in all honesty its last on my list of things to get through in the day.
    Last edited by Ulysses; 25-02-2012 at 07:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SAHM with a cleaner here. 2 of them come in once a week to polish, clean showers and toilets and mop and vacuum through...
    I could do it myself, but why would I when I hate it and can afford to pay someone else to do it?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am working full time, mother of 2 with number 3 on the way.
    I have had a husband a wife cleaning team for 4 years.
    They come every second Friday for about 1.5 hours.
    They change the beds, clean all surfaces, floors, benchtops, dusting and bathrooms. They are super fast and bring their own commercial grade equipment and cleaning products. I love coming home every second friday to a clean house that smells great too. Cost: $85 per fortnight. Best thing I ever did!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Why do I have one when I'm a SAHM? It's cheaper than putting the kids in daycare and it's too much effort to clean a house properly with 2 under 2.
    Makes sense. I am a SAHM at the moment (will go back to work 3 days per week next year) and have a newborn and 2.5 yr old in day care 2 days per week. I am considering taking him out one day (and use that money for a cleaner) but ATM he is going through terrible 2's and with a newborn it makes it worse (I think he is still struggling to cope with the fact he is not #1 ATM!) So I need a break from DS1 those 2 days per week for now. Maybe I will assess the situation in 3-6 months. But next year I might get the cleaner for sure!

For now I do the toilets and bathrooms every Tuesday, sheets, dust and vaccuum every Friday (days DS1 is in day care) and DH mops in the evening. The washing / ironing gets done daily as it is needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm only just recently a SAHM. Was working full time but had to stop for health issues. DF works 12 hour days and we have almost 3 year old twins. I really don't see the need for a cleaner. We clean everyday, this includes disinfecting the kitchen, sweeping/mopping/vacuuming all floors, carpet deodoriser and No Vac. Full clean of the bathroom gets done probably 4 times a week. With DF working in the mines we could definitely afford it but I really don't see the need (for us).

Thanks
    Reviews
    SAHM

2 hours $70 - every week

Mop, Vacuum, Clean Bathrooms & Kitchen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Question for SAHMs with cleaners: what do you (and your kids) do whilst the cleaners are there? Is it weird if you linger around or do you have to go out for a bit?

(I'm a SAHM. DH and I have been talking about getting a cleaner as it would free up some more time for me to do some work related to a business that we are trying to start up...)