+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My cleaners are coming today so I need to tidy up!
    Mine come every Friday and just do floors ( all tiles ) bathrooms and kitchen, they are here for about 2 hours and charge $50
    I class myself as a SAHM but we own our own business and I go in a few hours a week when needed or when I feel like it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    No don't have a cleaner and don't need or want one. Whether I'm working or a stay at home mum (I've been both) I don't find it difficult to keep the house clean and i have a hubby who is very hands on and helps with everything.
    I don't find it difficult either but just prefer to pay someone else to do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If we could afford it we'd have one - to do wet areas & floors.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to have a house cleaner when I was working. I probably will end up hiring another when the bubs finally arrives, it depends on how I juggle being a first time mum and doing my house work.

We have an extremely large 4 bedroom home, 2 bathrooms with 3 living areas. We aren't clutter people as we loathe it with a passion, we have pretty much minimal furniture, lots of open plan living and every bench top is clear except for one of our coffee tables that has one of our giuseppe armani pieces on it and a couple of magazines. The only time any surfaces have anything on them is when we have guests coming around and I light candles throughout the house.

We used to have the cleaner come once a week for 4 hours and that cost us $60. I keep the house immaculate from top to bottom so it's basically just a more thorough clean. Every week she would do a base clean which involved your general mopping, vacuuming, cleaning bench tops, wiping cupboard doors, dusting fans, cleaning skirting boards, wiping down power points and light switches, dusting photo frames, cleaning bathrooms and mirrors. She rotated the once a fortnight cleans which were the fridge and freezer or oven. I clean the oven after every use and wipe out the fridge and freezer regularly so they're pretty small jobs compared to other households. I would never let her touch the gas cooktop because I'm so finicky about how I clean my cooktop. She offered to do our windows and screen doors but I like them to be crystal clear with no streaks so I found it easier just to do them myself.

She usually had a spare hour left in the day which she could choose to go home earlier or put on a load of laundry (towels), iron my partner's t-shirts and hang the towels out once they finished. She used to leave things on the kitchen bench if she didn't know where their homes were but eventually she learned. DF used to leave the kettle or toaster out on the bench after making himself breakfast and a hot cuppa... How I miss my cleaner putting them away... drives me up the wall!

If you're someone who finds you don't have enough time in the day to do your housework than I would suggest hiring a cleaner. I originally hired mine because I only got to spend time with DF on Saturdays which we would do garden work as I would spend all day Sunday cooking and cleaning. I contemplated hiring a cleaner during my pregnancy to do the bathrooms as the chemicals really bother me. I ended up opting for the wipes that are advertised for being so easy that even a teenager could use them. I still wear gloves when using them and they're not the best but its better than breathing in the fumes. The only issue I have now is the windex fumes when I clean the glass... I don't mind suffering through it when I see how beautiful and sparkly my shower is after it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Someone just replied to me from Gumtree. $50 for 3 hrs. How do I know they are going to be a nice, reliable cleaner and not some crazy person?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    Someone just replied to me from Gumtree. $50 for 3 hrs. How do I know they are going to be a nice, reliable cleaner and not some crazy person?
    You don't! But you should have an initial meeting first and if you don't like them for any reason you don't need to go ahead. You can also ask for references.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I don't find it difficult either but just prefer to pay someone else to do it!
    This!

As soon as we move we're getting a cleaner for a few hours a week. I can do it but it's a bore and would much rather be doing something else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ask for a police reference and a work reference. My cleaner also has a working with kids clearance ( not that she is ever alone with them, it's just an added bonus)

She charged $30 an hour & did 4hrs a fortnight. but she got burnt out doing cleaning & left me for a chip shop

A lady was advertising on Facebook charging $20 an hour. It was so cheap and I thought why not?! She rocked up with her 4 month old. I understand why she didn't mention him but was still a bit annoyed.
    Then I'm sitting on couch feeding my 4 month old or playing with my kids ( & hers at times) while she vacced my floors, ended up with her bub on her hip. We left for the mopping & she didn't do a very good job. And I felt guitly for not cleaning my own house, so didn't get her back

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Mum of 4yr boy, nearly 3yr boy & last but not least 5 month girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wish!Just curious, why does it matter whether a working mum or SAHM mum (or dad)??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because SAHM's have more time to clean themselves?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast