+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a cleaner about 12 months ago, just after bubs 3 was born.

I'm a stay at home mum however I started a business just after my son was born and as the business grew so did the mess
    I get my cleaner once a week for 4 hours, it costs $100 but it worth every cent and the bonus, because my business is run from home.... tax deductible haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I have a cleaner, they come once a fortnight or once a month and do about 2 hours work. I pay $88.00

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    No don't have a cleaner and don't need or want one. Whether I'm working or a stay at home mum (I've been both) I don't find it difficult to keep the house clean and i have a hubby who is very hands on and helps with everything.
    I don't find it difficult, and DH does plenty, but we both prefer to have a cleaner.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    No don't have a cleaner and don't need or want one. Whether I'm working or a stay at home mum (I've been both) I don't find it difficult to keep the house clean and i have a hubby who is very hands on and helps with everything.
    I don't find it difficult either but it takes me and hour just to mop my whole house (all floorboards) that's a whole hour just there of ignoring my DD. No thanks. My house is always spotless, my cleaner is here once I week, not every day. I still clean everyday to keep my house spotless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    No I don't have a cleaner, I do all the house work here, although we get our lawns mowed now for free which saves me one job
    I don't mind, I just keep on top of it, I have a one minute rule, if it'll only take one minute to do something I do it or else it builds up and needs more time and effort.. I don't even have a dish washer, that blows lol, I hate washing dishes for so many people.
    But I like cleaning, i also energy cleanse my place too

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was studying and working full-time we had a cleaner for a few hours fortnight to clean windows, dust, floors, and give the kitchen & bathroom extra attention. They were a husband and wife team that charged $20/hour (for both), so $40-60 a fortnight. When I previously share-housed I did the same thing with housemates.

Now that I have finished postgrad we don't have a cleaner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a cleaner once a week too since I started back full time. I don't find it difficult either, but it does leave more time for other things. If you can, why not I say!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have 4 kids and am a full time Uni student, my DH works loooooooong hours and I don't have a cleaner.
    I seriously wish I did. I just can not afford it right now. It would be a few hours a week extra that I get with my kids- can't put a price on that!
    Knowing me though, I'd run around like a blue a$$ed fly before she/he got heremaking sure the house was spotless.
    I'm going to get a voucher thing (yanno from those Deal websites) as soon as another one comes up and have someone come do things like the blinds, the fan blades and skirting boards etc.

I don't find it difficult, my DH is at work more hours than he is at home and my house is pretty clean (Im ever so slightly anally retentive) but I would love a few hours a week extra with the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have just started paying my lovely MIL to do ours fortnightly

I work 4days a week and just got so sick of every waking moment outside of work being taken up with chores.
    We pay her $50 to do the bathroom, laundry, floors and she'll hang out washing and fold it up. I prefer her not to do any tidying and my kitchen is usually pretty clean anyway.

Best thing EVER!

ETA: My mum used to do house cleaning as well and she would always advertise in the local paper or put up a note on the local shopping centre notice board. She would always get heaps of calls and she'd go to the house and quote the job before she'd start. My mum was always a cleaning ninja and would get a lot done in two hours, so she used to quote for the job as opposed to hours. She could do two bathrooms, all dusting, floors (vacc and mop), strip and make beds and hang a huge load of washing in 2 hours so worth more than the hourly rate of $15, iykwim?
    Last edited by MamaC; 24-02-2012 at 07:33.

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We have a cleaner come in fortnightly (I work 3 days a week plus starting my own business).

It is a team of two cleaners and they clean bathrooms, vacuum and mop (they actually move all the furniture to vacuum/mop under), give the kitchen a wipe over plus a general dust for $80. I thought it was expensive till I realised they are here for 3+ hours.

Would love them weekly but budget doesn't allow atm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast