+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you have a cleaner?

If yes,
    * Are you a working mum or SAHM?
    * How often (weekly, fornightly) do you get the cleaner?
    * What do they clean for you?
    * How long do they stay (hrs) and cost?

THANKS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We just got one and it is the best decision ever! We both work full-time but wanted to get one in place for when bub arrives and will be carrying on with it during my year off, and def when I go back to work.

She comes once a fortnight and it costs us $20 per hour. We only have a 2 bed place so it's $60 and she is worth every penny.

She does a full dust, vacuum and mop, cleans bathroom and kitchen (although we do keep both pretty clean ourselves), hangs up laundry and makes the bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    If yes,
    * Are you a working mum or SAHM?
    * How often (weekly, fornightly) do you get the cleaner?
    * What do they clean for you?
    * How long do they stay (hrs) and cost?

THANKS!
    I'm a WAHM/SAHM/student.
    Weekly
    Floors, kitchen, bathroom, dust. Things I can't do or be in the house without having a asthma attack.
    2-3 hours & $60

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No but I really want one!! But I am a SAHM with the kids at Kindy 2 days a week do I have no excuse to have one. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My cleaner comes once a week for about 4-5 hours.

She cleans my house top to bottom and I just "up keep" it.

I don't change or clean sheets, clean window, or the bath, shower toilet ect. As my lovely cleaner does it all weekly along with well everything else.
    But I still sweep, do dishes, washing, tidy ect daily.

She is only $15 an hour!!!

Forgot to add I'm a SAHM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't have one, but as my spd gets worse I am thinking I might need one with 2 kids so that I don't hurt myself and can't look after them! DH is always telling me to get one (I clean, really well, he just wants me to not have to naww.)

I am a SAHM and we live in a unit. Those are the two things stopping me from going out and getting one lol.

My parents had one when we were growing up, and it was really good for them I think, no fights ever over cleaning lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. I'm a SAHM, and she comes twice a week for 3 hours each time, so 6 hours total. $205 per week.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    My cleaner comes once a week for about 4-5 hours.

She cleans my house top to bottom and I just "up keep" it.

I don't change or clean sheets, clean window, or the bath, shower toilet ect. As my lovely cleaner does it all weekly along with well everything else.
    But I still sweep, do dishes, washing, tidy ect daily.

She is only $15 an hour!!!

Forgot to add I'm a SAHM.
    Most of the Mum's at kindy said $15 an hour too. $60 for 2 hours or $20 an hour seems like a lot! To the people with cleaners who cost this amount, is that because they use their own products, or do you have extra dirty houses lol. I couldn't afford $60 for 2 hours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    Most of the Mum's at kindy said $15 an hour too. $60 for 2 hours or $20 an hour seems like a lot! To the people with cleaners who cost this amount, is that because they use their own products, or do you have extra dirty houses lol. I couldn't afford $60 for 2 hours!
    I'm guessing they use a company.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

TinyLittleTootsies  (23-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Yes. I'm a SAHM, and she comes twice a week for 3 hours each time, so 6 hours total. $205 per week.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub
    $205 a week? Tell me you have a massive house/lots of kids/indoor pets/go through expensive agency!

oh.. I don't mean that in a rude way, like you need to justify it lol, I just mean $205 is SO much money to me for weekly cleaning, I'm hoping that living in a unit with no indoor pets means I am exempt from these $30 an hour cleaners so i can have a hope of hiring one! lol

When I did cleaning on uni hols, I got $15 an hour, $18 on Sundays. I was thinking more around that price, as it was only a few years ago now.