+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing too, my little girl is almost 1 week old and was wondering about when to start thinking about routines. Great thread!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a 5wk old and I agree with the first couple of posters that's it's too early to have a set as in timed schedule ie tizzie IF you want to breastfeed successfully.

You can have a routine otherwise. We have had the same bed routine since in the hospy. Boob, bath, massage, nappy, swaddle, boob, bed.

Whenever you see tired signs nappy change, swaddle, boob, sleep. All day sleeps in pram or car capsule as then you don't gave to worry bout waking up if you are going out. Only night sleeps in cot. Night changes in the dark and day changes in bright light to sort out days/nights.

Babies love pattern of events. Do the same pattern and they work out what's next. But please please feed on demand.

My newbie has days of 2-3hrly feeds and others of 3-4hrly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think two weeks is too early to start a routine (or attempt to)
    I read tozzie hall and as much as I'm a routine freak I just followed the night routine bed by 7pm
    Ebm bath boob in bed awake let self settle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS is 10weeks old and he's in a loose routine since two weeks old. By loose i mean there are things ill do at a set time everyday to help him learn what will be expected later on. But not enforcing techniques as he is young and is demand fed still and needs me that's expected so young.

A day is like this;
    8am Feed and play every morning to signal breakfast.
    1pm a stroll to our park(if its not raining) or I play with him around lunch time along with a feed.
    Night time is a bath at 8pm every night then a massage with cream, swaddling, feed while I eat dinner then I lay him down in his moses basket.

If he cries I pick him up and comfort when needed but I personally feel by indicating times for him when it comes time to enforce bedtime I'm hoping it will be easier.

I do admit DS is an easy baby so it is already working in my favour but it wont work for everyone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub