+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Advice. 8 month old boob baby bad gastro

Me and dd both have bad gastro.. Started yesterday evening. I was up all night with her she vomitted quite a lot. Basically every feed. She is exactly the same today and only wakes up for like 20 mins, looks totally miserable, has a feed, vomits and then back to bed.. She looks drained and hasn't smiled once all day. I am wondering when I need to go to the doctor. How do I know she is dehydrated? Is it just from dry nappies. How much vomitting is too much and can I do anything to ease her discomfort? I can imagine how crap she feels, I feel permanently nauseous and achy and can't stomach anything.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When DS had it when he was one I was told that a dry nappy for 5 hours or more means they're dehydrated. I was also advised to give one boob at a time and wait for an house inbetween feeds before giving the other side...they have a better chance of keeping it down that way.

Poor things. Gastro is the worst. Ring 13HEALTH if you want more advice but if she hasn't kept anything down since yesterday evening there's a good chance she's dehydrated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks. I rang health direct who said about short frequent feeds. She said to go to gp if she was still sick in another 12 hours and hadn't improved. Or if she seemed in pain. She seems okay really but just sleeping almost non stop and I know sleep helps but I just don't know if this is a normal amount of sleep?! I guess if I could I would sleep all day when I was sick too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS just had gastro and actually couldn't sleep although he was trying to. We did take him to the doctor and he recommended hydralite, breastfeeding, dry crackers and toast (if she is eating solids which I guess she isn't) and panadol. DS didn't touch solids and didn't drink the hydralite. He just spent 3 days lying on my chest or on the boob trying to sleep.

It was awful. I feel for you and your DD. hope you both feel better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. She is on my boob at the moment and I don't wanna move her, she just had a big chuck and then a grosse nappy and seemed pretty upset again. She probably has no idea what the hell is going on I guess the sleep is making her feel better I'm gonna just let her be for now

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you have the energy and ingredients -

boil 1 tbsp of peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds with a bay leaf in a litre of water till it reduces in quantity by 30-40%. Sweeten with honey and drink it every couple of hours. It will help you feel better and the goodness passes thru breastmilk.

I made this when I got gastro last year. Recovered in 24hrs.