+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Laproscopy questions

Has any one had a laproscopy? How long did it take? What was invoked? How much did it cost? Did it help you to get UTD?

Sorry about all the questions!

Thanks for any replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one after 6 rounds of clomid with no success. Dr wanted to check my tubes as my mums tubes were blocked when she was trying for a baby.

Mine was just day surgery, couldn't eat anything in the morning. Dr told me first he would go for a look and if he needed to do anything I would have two extra cuts on either side of my belly. Just my luck I had some endo that he had to remove and some scar tissue from where I had my appendix out when i was little.

So I ended up with 3 cuts. He did also run the due test to check my tubes and they were all ok.

Can't quite remember how much it cost me but when as a private patient so it would of been the out of pocket.

Dr said I would have the best chance of falling pregnant after the lap but unfortunately it was no good for us and ended up at a fertility clinic where we were successful on our 3rd attempt at IUI.

Just a side note, it's a little uncomfortable after the lap and I got quite painful shoulder pain which is common also.

Hope that's helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day surgery for me too, had laparoscopy and hysteroscopy as well as a D&C cos I hadn't had a period for several months so there was a bit of build up. He also removed a polyp from down low in my uterus.

Cost me $3200 as I didn't have PHI but got about $800 back from medicare:-
    Day theater fees -$990 (no rebate)
    FS fees - $1500
    Anesthetist fees - $510
    Laboratory fees - $160

Had 2 days off work and glad I did as i didn't recover well from surgery, had breathing difficulties in recovery then after laying in bed for nearly 2 hours they told me I could get dressed but I passed out as soon as I got off the bed, lucky for me the lady in the bed across from me seen me go down and called the nurse! That's jut me though, I'm not good after anesthetic 😣

All was fine, no blocks or damage but I'm still not pregnant and the op was Aril last year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks do much for your replies ladies! Just one more question, did your procedures include ovary drilling? My FS mentioned it will temporarily give you normal cycles

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one done to see if my tubes were blocked & also a D&C. It was day surgery, I went in early in the morning & was home by 3pm that day.

I had PHI & my out of pocket was $400 because I ended up having 2 cysts removed from one tube, the contents of another sucked up on my left ovary (it had burst whilst I was waiting to be taken into surgery), ovary drilling in both ovaries & a D&C.

Recovery took about a week for me. The one thing I would highly recommend is make sure the anethatist gives you a shot of anti nausea medication before the surgery. It is really common to get really bad nausea after a laproscopy. I was violently vomiting for 12 hours, it was so bad the hospital were thinking of admitting me - I hate hospitals so I wasn't having any of that!

We didn't fall pregnant afterwards unfortunately. We didn't fall pregnant until our first round of IUI which was 8 months after the Laproscopy.
    Last edited by babybump08; 07-03-2012 at 17:29.