+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If it was me, I'd be going to the ED. The pain is already impacting on your life and mobility and if it's getting worse, I think you should get it looked at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pain getting worse sounds wrong. I had the same pain, on one side only which I thought was odd. Also got worse as my bladder filled. But it did improve.
    I'd call my obs if the pain worsened at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had the same pain you described after mine to. It kind of increased towards the middle of week 2, i even made a thread on here. I never rang my OB about it. If you're worried i would. Side note wind building up in particular was excruciating! 3 weeks on though and I'm virtually pain free now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies!!
    Bub needs to have her 1 wk check up so will get in to the doc tomorrow and have it checked just to be on the safe side!!
    Hopefully it will start to ease soon!!
    Fingers crossed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went to doctor today, he checked my scar and said that it looks fantastic nice and clean and dry, I described my pain he said it sounds like the internal stitches on the end where they finish stitching are pulled a tad too tight
    Nothing can be done really but he told me to keep my pain killers up and more often during the day and use heat pack etc!!
    It sucks I just have to wait it out till hey dissolve then hopefully it will ease up!!
    Anyone know how long they usually take to dissolve?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemma87 View Post
    Went to doctor today, he checked my scar and said that it looks fantastic nice and clean and dry, I described my pain he said it sounds like the internal stitches on the end where they finish stitching are pulled a tad too tight
    Nothing can be done really but he told me to keep my pain killers up and more often during the day and use heat pack etc!!
    It sucks I just have to wait it out till hey dissolve then hopefully it will ease up!!
    Anyone know how long they usually take to dissolve?
    Okay silly question but if they are internal stitches, how do you know when they are dissolved? I was told I had dissolvable stitches, I remember looking at them when she changed the dressing on like day 2...by day 5 I could hardly see them anymore....
    I have heard that they can take up to 12 weeks to fully dissolve though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    Okay silly question but if they are internal stitches, how do you know when they are dissolved? I was told I had dissolvable stitches, I remember looking at them when she changed the dressing on like day 2...by day 5 I could hardly see them anymore....
    I have heard that they can take up to 12 weeks to fully dissolve though...
    I also have no idea!!! Lol
    I was reading it can take 6 weeks for them to dissolve !! I really hope it happens sooner than that though so my discomfort will go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My sympathies, OP I experienced exactly the same thing after my c section and it improved slowly but it was 6 weeks until I was be pain free. It really, really sucks xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    My sympathies, OP I experienced exactly the same thing after my c section and it improved slowly but it was 6 weeks until I was be pain free. It really, really sucks xxx
    Thanks !!!
    It does suck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear this. It does happen often with caesareans. In some cases it can be caused by a little nerve to the skin being stretched with the separators or cut when the incision is made. This would make sense in your case as it was painful when the midwife touched over your pubic bone (this is part of the same nerve supply area). It will heal but could be sensitive to touch for a while. When your scar is knitted together it can be helpful to brush over the scar or dry with a rough towel to get the skin used to touch sensation again. There are treatments available if the pain doesnt settle down. You would expect it to be mostly gone by 4 weeks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HouseOfFun For This Useful Post:

Jemma87  (27-02-2012)