+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Stitch pulled too tight ??

I had my 4th c section a week ago!
    Ever since I was gotten out of bed to walk around I have had a burning pulling type pain on one side of my scar! It's ok while I'm sitting but the pain kicks in when I start walking or standing!! It gets that intense that I need to sit down! It's making things very difficult when I have 3 other children too run around after!
    I take painkillers and it does nothing!

I got my partner too have a look at my scar today too see if it was red in any way and he said it looks fantastic and that you can hardly tell I had surgery a week ago!!
    I have started to wonder if they maybe have pulled a stitch too tight ? And if anyone has experienced this before or this type of pain and what it was?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a burning pulling pain with mine too, but it was because a couple of the external staples had pinched/twisted.

It doesn't sound right though - can you get in to your OB or Dr to get it checked out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I could have written this 5 years ago. I had the exact same thing, on the outside my scar looked perfect, nice and neat, not inflamed and by all appearances looking to be healing well. However, I felt like I was stitched too tight, as I had this horrible and painful 'pull' when I walked and pain. Like you, at times it would knock me for a sixer and I would have to sit down and I knew it couldn't have been a 'normal' post stitching pull, so to speak.

I went and saw about it, and was told (because it was early days) it wouldn't be scar adhesions etc, but more likely an over zealous stitcher! It did settle over time (thank goodness) and there were no complications etc and the scar is still very neat and tidy to look at (despite the keloid apperance) but that's my scarring, not the fault of the scar so to speak. I'm sorry I'm not much help, but just wanted to let you know I know what you're talking about and I hope it eases soon.
    Last edited by Mod-Uniquey; 23-02-2012 at 13:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep i had this too. I must of asked about ten times in hospital if it was normal and everytime the answer was yes.
    Like a pp it did ease over time (like a couple months not weeks), but it really was a PITA while it was around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, I thought that's what it might be!!
    My midwife thought that it was to do with my pubic bone as when she touched there I jumped through the roof!!
    I asked numerous times what it was and nobody really knew!!

Not what I wanted to hear in that it takes months to go away
    As I'm not handling the not walking around etc very well!!
    Bub is ment to go in to doctors for 1 wk check up but I still haven't gone to Medicare to hand in forms and get her added to Medicare card as I really dont think that I could handle the pain walking in there!!
    I have hardly gone anywhere, I can't take my daughter to school as can't walk her to class room
    It sucks I hope it eases soon!! I don't have a very high pain threshold!!

Any tips on how to ease it,?
    It's actually strange as the person that stitched me up on the side it's hurting is the one that was assisting the person on the other side stitching!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Heat? Ice? Bottle of vodka?

Hope the stitch "melts" and it eases soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nothing really eases it in my experience (except time and patience) I'm afraid, though I did use to adopt a certain way of walking where I would take small steps, not my usual strides and kind of brace and hold my hand over my wound as I did anything remotely physical. I found I walked very gingerly with it. Painkillers just mask the pain, but don't really do anything and of course they're not good long term anyway. Sorry to be ther bearer of not-so positive relief options .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    Heat? Ice? Bottle of vodka?

Hope the stitch "melts" and it eases soon.
    Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    Nothing really eases it in my experience (except time and patience) I'm afraid, though I did use to adopt a certain way of walking where I would take small steps, not my usual strides and kind of brace and hold my hand over my wound as I did anything remotely physical. I found I walked very gingerly with it. Painkillers just mask the pain, but don't really do anything and of course they're not good long term anyway. Sorry to be ther bearer of not-so positive relief options .
    Dammm!!!
    Oh well I guess I got to grin and bear it!! I'm not gonna lie though the pain gets that intense I have to sit on a hair while cooking, I don't shower I bath as I can't stand for too long!! Just to clean bottles and prep bubs feeds is a struggle!!
    Hope it gets easier and easier over time though and not stay like this!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pain is becoming increasingly worse
    I have been reading about fluid collection under the scar , has anyone had that before?
    Is it painful ? How do you know if you have fluid collection ?