+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Uh-Oh View Post
    Welcome to darwin newbies!! I have called darwin home for 16 years (apart from a brief 18months in Sydney) I hope this torrential rain isnt causing anyone too much grief!

I have a 19month DS, and work fulltime. Bubble no2. is arriving in October. I had DS in Sydney, and when we relocated back here had already commenced working fulltime so I am nervous about being on mat leave with DS and a newbie when the time comes up here!

Not that I have done any of yet but the local libraries and councils organise some morhter groups, baby activities (dont know how outdoorsy they are in the wet season) and I have the mothers group on my fb.. I am hoping to be more involved when I finish work... hopefully some of the bhers will still be around then
    Ive been up here for that long too! I love this weather, its been sooo relaxing for me Thats exciting about another little bundle, I have a 6 month old son and we will start ttc soon! I havent been out of the house much because I dont have my license and Im not too keen on the public transport up here lol But eventually I want to get out to the libraries for their story time which Ive heard is pretty awesome. When he's older Ive heard the fun bus that goes round to different parks during the dry season is great fun and a lot of ladies meet up during the week at the play shack in Palmerston or the planet in Nightcliff..hopefully one day I can join in lol! Im sure I would still be around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I'm going to be a first time mum and due in December. We currently live in Melbourne however, my husband is leaving for Darwin in 2 days time. I'm in limbo with work at the moment, but may just quit so I can be up there with him. He's an engineer surveyor. I've been told about Nightcliff, so I might get him to look for rental places there abouts.

I'm concerned, and nervous because I'm so close to family and friends here in melbs, I don't know anyone in Darwin. From reading some of the previous responses it seems as though it's hard meeting new people...

I'd love to join some kind of mother's group whether that's to talk babies/pregnancy or common interests over coffee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey iv just moved back to darwin after spending a year in vic as it was to cold and my 2yr old daughter was always getting sick iv been trying to find some mum groups so me and my daughter can find some friend but in finding it really hard not having my licence and my daughter is soo bored all the time cos I'm not as fun as kids her age. Its great to know that there other mums in darwin

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    So there are other mums in Darwin out there who want to make new friends!! My son and I have found it so hard moving away from all our friends and family in Adelaide and coming back to Darwin. I love it here but with my partner working a FIFO schedule, we have been a bit lonely. And I agree Kam1910, my son is also crazy bored with my company!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i'm another Darwim mummy!! have been here just over a year now and loving it! i have an almost 5 month old dd (5 months on the 19th... freaks out ahhhhh) wow good to see there are heaps of other darwin ladies out ther. i am also interested in meeting up. although i dont have my license, my dh does and after work or on the weekend i dont think he would mind dropping me off somewhere. if you are all keen and able too maybe we should get together for some coffee and a chat and
    the kiddies can have a play.... just an idea. hope to talk to you all soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    So a lot of us have posted we would like to catch up but no one has really organised anything I don't think so here is my suggestion. :-)

Wednesday morning, 08/08, 10am at Sanctuary Lakes Playground, Lakeview Blvd Gunn, for those that can make it. I have curly hair, and will be wearing a long orange dress. Come say hi. :-)