+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    a new decent pram, a good carrier and sling and some new mcn's i own everything else on the market haha

LOVE my change table, it was my 9 y /o nephews and it's used 3-4 times per day still.

wouldnt have brought a basinette or a nappy wrapper or my 'good' pram lol

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Sent from my T3020 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly, I would buy shares in Mylanta as I know how much of that I took last time! Also a bumbo :-)

Would not buy a nappy disposal bin since refills are so pricey. Nor would I stock up on newborn nappies (only used about 1.5 out of the 4 that I bought!)

Slightly off track, I would do more pelvic floor exercises!!!!!

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My invaluable things have been :
    a sling (I have a 'peanut' style sling ring sling and ergo, for each stage of development)

breast pump helped keep my supply up and meant I could leave bub with DH or my mums, and have a nap/shower/run if I needed

Cloth nappies

I wouldnt buy as many clothes for bubba

Im not worrying about a pram this time (dd hardly used hers) and we bought I new change table, which is higher for me as I might not be bending much.

We have also never used our cot as DD sleeps with us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would get: a capsule, more money but worth it I think I'm always waking her up!

Loved:LOVED a zip up sleeping suit swaddle( love to dream wrap me up) amazing!! Dont bother swaddling with a blanket waste of time! It will be the best thing you buy!!
    * change table, I bought a fold up one from baby bunting with High sides and a waste clip , love it. ( valco brand).
    * Slings I have 3 a hug a bub, cosy for bubs, you do have to put it on before you go out to awkward on the go, and ergo, more support for me and her, and a ring sling for the quick trips and soothing at home.
    * a swing! Just bought one as DD fights day sleeps and needs to be rocked, this way it's hands free!
    *LOVED. all in ones with built in mittens DD scratched her face hardcore, just found that bigw brand dimples do them for $6 beats the $18 for bonds!
    *feeted legging! Socks were way to big this way there is no fussing around and isla is a summer baby so we just put over a no legs onsie and if it gets hot we just take them off save changing her!

Hated: 2 piece suits, waste of time unless it's winter and you can put a under the bum Singlet on their back always gets exposed.
    * on their own mitten absolute waste they always fall off! Get built-in suits or use socks.
    *huggies wipes gave her a rash the good old Kmart target or bigw bulk wipes are cheap and amazing!!

*buy a cheap (bigw baby gear $35) baby bag dont bother spending $100+ it does the same thing!!

Hope that helps!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Elle12 For This Useful Post:

Ali19  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd buy a change table. Borrowed one from a friend this time, still have it and still using it every change!

Won't buy the feeding pillow. Still have mine, barely used it. I found that I was so anxious to get bub on quickly I never put the pillow on. It's an expensive My Brest Friend too.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Loved (and will re-use/ replace):

Change mat on top of chest of drawers

Strider travel system pram

Sangenic nappy bin

Lots of clothes (as I love buying them)

Highchair

Lots of Pigeon glass bottles (7 or 8 so no need to wash them during day)

Baby Bjorn

Lansinoh (helped for the brief time I did BF)

Baby playmat/ gym (DD loved this)

Didn't use/ didn't need:

So many muslin wraps (I have a million and DD was never sick - less than 5 times in her life, so really no need for them all)

Rocking/ vibrating chairs (DD hated them - guess I can try again with the next one)

Breast pump carry case for when you're out (ended up bottle feeding - again could try again next time)

Baby bath (we have a lovely one, but we showered with DD from early on and it didn't get used too much)

Baby skin products (her skin was fine and we didn't need them)

Singlets and socks (we live in QLD and got very limited use out of them)

Jolly Jumper (DD wasn't keen and it's ginormous to store if you have the frame for it)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hardly used the change table for the boys and ended up selling it, so I definitely won't be buying another one. I can understand how some might need it though (c/s mamas & people with back issues etc).

I used the baby bath once - useless, annoying and I gave it away in the end. Same goes for the bath seat.

Breathing monitor was stupid and annoying.

Bumbo - probably used it twice all up, so a waste of money.

Baby shoes - they are cute, but pointless...and bad for their feet. I bought several pairs but most of them have never been used and the others were used once or twice. Waste of $$.

Invaluable items have been ergo carrier, cloth nappies, a gazillion terry towels (DS2 was a spewy baby), breast pump, bouncer, good pram, ergo cocoon bag, cot, highchair, white noise iPhone app.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would buy avent dummies straight up instead of listening to people tell me to get the big cherry cheap ones that look more like a nipple. Firstly my nipple does not look like that nor is it the size of a light bulb and secondly my kids hated them witha passion and I always had to run out and spend like $50 on Avent ones anyway.
    I would get a change table because my back killed and I was sick of washing bedsheets after my son pee"d all over me and the bed I was changing him on.
    I would get a pram that fitted the capsule.
    I would get a bassinet.
    I would get a swing the electric ones.

I would not spend money on beautiful cot bedding that you can't even use.
    I would not buy a nappy bin.
    I would not buy any 0000 clothing, my kids barely fit into them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We upgraded from strider dlx to strider plus for newbies arrival I want a steelcraft agile double too
    I want a ergo and an air sling for showers
    I'm really considering MCNs

Thanks
    Reviews
    We don't need much for DD's arrival. I bought a basinet off a friend as thought it might be handy.

Was going to buy an Ergo as didn't like the Baby Bjorn we bought for DS, but we we're given one so happy about that!

Will re-use a lot of DS's clothes that aren't too boyish, and fill in the gaps as needed. I haven't bought anything yet as she will be the first grand daughter so no doubt we will get given a lot of stuff.

Going to buy a capsule as I think it will be handy for things like playgroup and Mum's group.

Musical/projection mobile (DS loves his)

Double pram.

The rest we still have/use for DS, so that's really all we need!

Everything we bought for DS got very well used, so hopefully she will like the same things! If not, we will look at other things - replace the rocker with a swing etc.