+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unsuccessful IVF attempts, Rheumatoid Arthritis - Now Egg Donor?!?!

Hi, I'm really new to this site so forgive me if there is a thread already.
    I have RA and have been trying to get pregnant for some time. 6 unsuccessful IVF attempts and now we are looking at egg donation. Unfortunately being the youngest in the family, and friends all above the age of 35 we will need to look to a stranger, or egg donor angel as they are referred to on this site.

Feeling nervous, anxious, disappointed, lost and sad that I can not concieve my own child. This part of the process is very new and I am still coming to terms with it all.

I'm generally a positive thinka but not feeling so positive at the moment.

Would be greatful to hear some experiences good / bad / indifferent. Especially from anyone that has RA as I believe this is a contributing factor.

Thank you.
    PT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to positivethinka For This Useful Post:

laned  (19-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Good luck

Hi PT

Good luck with your search. I will be thinking of you
    I am 45 and have been trying for 5 - 6 years and had to opt for a donor due to menopausal symptons. a friend's daughter donated last year. God bless her. She gave us 4 eggs. I had 1 ET with BFN, 1 lost during thawing and 2 frosties still to go. I am taking a break - too stressed at moment.

Michelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel. I've been where you are. I'm still kinda there. Won't go into the details but this is all I can offer you and hope it helps. Time slowly heals. For some of us, we have to grieve the loss of our biological child. It's a hard thing to do because I think society understands only a tangible loss. So since we never had that child, people fail to understand the pain. But, time does heal. I don't know if we ever lose that sadness, maybe a little bit will always remain even if we use other options but, it does lessen from what you are feeling now - Hug to you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to katbaby For This Useful Post:

laned  (19-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi have u had any testing done as to why its not working i have rheumatoid arthritis and also have inflammatory arthritis they found out the placenta was full of blood clots thats why i have lost so many babies and maybe the lining also had clots so i now take baby asprin a day my gyno/obgyn said next time we get pregnant it all should be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, so sorry to hear our news, you have to give yourself time, it is a lot to take in. Trying for a baby for such a long time can be exhausting both emoitionally and physically, big hugs xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wrighty2 For This Useful Post:

laned  (19-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls

After receiving bad news this morning in relation to the embryo quality of my now 7th IVF/ICSI stim cycle, I went searching for some comfort and found it on this thread. So thanks girls.

PT
    – I find myself having the same thoughts and feelings as yourself. I keep clinging to the hope that maybe just maybe one of my eggs will give me my ever yearned for baby. Have you asked your FS re use of baby Asprin, Clexane and Prednisone?

Katbaby
    – thanks for your words of comfort.

AFM
    – I am having great difficulty in reaching acceptance that my journey is coming to an end.

I have recently changed FS to a fellow regarded by many as a ‘miracle maker’ (for those at the end of the line). He has such a reputation that a BH thread was commenced in his honour.

I have no children and recently suffered my second miscarriage in January (chromosomal issues likely due to egg quality). I was not contemplating a cycle until June. That said, my initial appointment with the new FS fell on CD1. He scanned me and saw a number of antral follicles and advised not to wait. Hence, I commenced injecting the very next day and had a roller-coaster of a cycle. Went in for 12 eggs (great number for this poor responder), came out with 5 mature of which 4 fertilised. All were powering along with 3 reaching morula on day 3, however that was the pinnacle. Scientists advised today of the four; 2 remain at morula and are starting to die, 1 is an early blastocyst with very poor quality and the other a cavitating morula. They have advised for me to postpone TF til tomorrow and to thaw our one and only ever blastocyst from an earlier cycle.

I feel so emotionally ripped off. I had placed all hope that the new FS might just be the expert to get me across the line. However, at the end of the day cr@p eggs are still cr@p eggs.

Unfortunately, the logical side of my brain is telling me this is it and I should stop throwing money and heartache at more unsuccessful cycles, whereas my heart is the forever optimist yearning for my own biological child. I really need to come to the realisation that my time is up.