+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dd was born at 1:07pm. Ds who was 26months visited about 3hours later to meet his new little sister. My mum (his nanny) brought him up. Only for about an hour as he was getting restless.

He visited once everyday for the 5 days we were there. It was fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD1 met her sister the day she born. Bub was born early morning and DD1 came in around lunch time, she was 21 months at the time. It was a short visit, as i was exhausted, but DD1 was fascinated with the baby and we went home the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Different situation here because I was in hospital by myself each time and DH went home to the kids after the birth. Pretty much just hours after bub was born he went home to get the other kids and brought them up, so they got to meet their new sibling fairly quickly, they'd go home after about an hour and he'd stay there with them.

I've been home within 48 hours for three out of four babies, and the last one was three days before I came home. The kids only came up once during that time to actually meet and visit and then they all came up again when he'd come to pick me up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Our DD1 was at daycare when I had DD2, so DH picked her up as normal in the afternoon and brought her up to the hospital after that. DD2 was only 3 hours old, and DD1 stayed until she was ready to leave- we didnt make her leave. I was home the next morning anyway. When I was pregnant I thought I would want to stay in hospital for as long as possible to enjoy the peace and quiet- we had 3 foster kids at home plus our own DD1 and now new baby. But surprisingly I was ready to get going as soon as she was born. The only reason i stayed overnight was the nurses needed time to organise the hearing test and everything.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    the same day, he was 4.5 at the time, i had bubba in the morning, he came to visit in the arvo and then went home with his dadda. (public, hubs wasnt allowed to stay) dunno what id do if i was in your situation tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just to add my DD1 was with her grandparents while i gave birth to DD2 and DH was with me the whole time i was in hospital. DD1 was fine - she had a blast with her grandparents and didn't feel abandoned or left out. She loved visiting baby but was happy to go back with grandparents and wasn't upset at all.
    I guess it all depends on your child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He was our first visitor I had a quick birth with my second and felt great so asked DH to go get DS1 straight away, I didn't want anyone else to meet DS2 before he did

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter was almost 17 months and came in within 12 hrs - stayed for a bit then left with grandparents. Will be doing the same this time around. DD should be almost 4 and son 2.5.