+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 3 day potty training method

Ds1 is almost 4 and I'm really over crappy nappies! Can someone give me the gist of what the 3 day pt method involves? I've just read every thread in the tt section and the most popular idea seems to be just take pull ups away but I wondered about the 3 day method and what it involves?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only read it not done it, but my.understanding was - buy lots of undies and chuck out all nappies on day 1. Make the child chuck.out the nappies. Tell them they are to keep their undies dry. Ask them frequently whether they need to go loo and remind them to keep undies dry. Stay by their side pretty much 24/7 and whenever there is an accident, carry them to the loo. Look out for the cues that they are about to go and take to loo. Don't leave their side, pretty much. Reward going on loo but don't bribe. Have a bigger special reward for big things, like going poo on the loo or all day without an accident.

I hope someone who has tried the method has some tips for you!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks change the stars. I thought it would be like a three step kind of plan. Well, we've taken the pull ups away today. Two accidents. Not bad I reckon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have used the 3 Day potty training with both our kids, before they turned 3 though. I imagine it would work a treat with a nearly 4 year old. Just getting rid of the nappies (or disappearing them) was a relief. I have to say my ds is still hopeless with poo, but he'll get there. I think the most important aspect was watching the kid like a hawk for the first few days, and if you catch them in the midst of an accident, run them to the toilet so they can finish there.
    The recommendation is for 30 pairs of undies (or something like that!) we didn't purchase anything like that number but it does mean you don't run out.
    I was seriously over nappies and poo. Still over poo but at least I'm not filling up the bin with stinkers anymore! For night time we bought brolly sheets - expensive but worth it as you don't need to strip the whole bed and remake if there is an accident. We have been using them for over 2 years, so much cheaper than night nappies in the long run.
    Good luck!!