+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We use our every night When DS was a newborn he wouldnt sleep in his bassinette so we ended up having to co sleep which was no problem but we decided that eventually he was going into his own cot in his own room. With little hope we tried him in the portacot next to our bed when he was 4 months old and he has slept through every night for a few months now so it turned out to be a great idea! When hes one we will try him in his own cot but until then he's very happy sleeping in there. If not then we're happy to co sleep. As a previous poster said every baby and mother is different on what they will love using and what will eventually gather dust so if you want to buy one then buy it and if it doesnt work out, keep it for the next bubba (if there will be one!) or you can always sell it

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I have one and used it a fair bit before jasper was 1. I did travel a fair bit though. it was used a bit as a play pen, but I'll probably use it more with baby no. 2 as we have tiles so I'd want her off the floor & a 3 year old who will love her so very much - so she'll be safer in the porta cot occasionally

I also used it often because I baby sat from home a lot so it was handy having a spare cot! Also a spare cot for friends when they visited.

And also when jasper was 1-2 years we moved his cot back into our room... And if we wanted... *cough* alone time *cough cough* we could transfer him into the portacot till he woke up.
    Lol.. oh yeah.. I didn't think of that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have one and have never used it... it's just sitting in the garage collecting dust!

Thanks
    Reviews
    we have one and its used a lot. whenever we go on holidays and we holiday about 4 times a year a week each time.
    at the IL's (my P's have one at theirs) its also used for friends babies when theyre visiting us here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluky79 View Post
    Nope we have hardly used it for it's intended purpose however we did use it like a play pen when DS was around 4-7 mths, we also havent had a night away from home yet.
    Goidelic luck

Come on hubby let's go and make baby #2 pretty please, I'm so clucky
    DSD, DS = soon to be 1
    D#m you auto correct, the end is suppose to say good luck lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cluky79 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (23-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was only just thinking today about how much I love our porta cot. I sometimes leave it in the boot and it is so handy to have.

We let our friends bub sleep in it when we have people over/ baby sitting for them. I take it to my mum's so our dd can nap. Over night stays at nanna and grandads. Playpen or time out, it has been Fantastic.

We paid $74.50 for our target baby club one half price on sale but def worth it in my opinion. But you dont need to buy straight away, we got ours when bubs was about 6+ months. Oh and I love the change table that comes on top it's fab!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use ours a fair bit. If we go on a holiday or over nighter or to fruends houses or if people wuth kids come to ours

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have only used ours once or twice but we are going away a fair bit in the next couple of months so I'm glad we have it ready to go I think they are great to have stored away because you never know when your going to need it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my porta cots!

I have a 2yrd old and a 1yr old and as a result I have 2 porta cots and we have used them so much...

We live in a townhouse that gets quiet hot upstairs so we sometimes have one set up downstairs for day time naps where it is cooler and when we have people stay (which is not that often) we will set one up in our room for one of the kids, we have also been known to have both in our room in the porta cots with the portable air con going overnight...

We also travel a little bit so great for when we are away as it is something that they know from home so it makes it easier to settle them...

We have also used it for when the kids are baby sat over night at someone elses house...

love, love, love, love a porta cot... lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    We also used the bassinet setting for the first 6 months. Loved it so much