+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Porta-Cot ot not?

Did/do you use a Porta Cot?
    I have one on layby and everyone keeps saying "you'll never use it".
    I didn't use one with my first, but really wanted one this time. DH thinks it will just gather dust. i'm thinking I'll use it all the time, not just for travelling (not that we travel much) but i really think it would come in handy everyday. I'm thinking I can always keep it set up and as bubs grows it can double as a play pen while I shower/clean/cook.. WDYT?
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 22-02-2012 at 20:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a second hand one and I used it a far bit when DS was about 4 months till he started walking. I kinda wished I had one of those new one with the higher level so you don't have to bend so far but it was useful and very helpful to have somewhere he was safe while I went to bathroom or did something around the house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope we have hardly used it for it's intended purpose however we did use it like a play pen when DS was around 4-7 mths, we also havent had a night away from home yet.
    Goidelic luck

Come on hubby let's go and make baby #2 pretty please, I'm so clucky
    DSD, DS = soon to be 1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We were given one and used it quite a bit but probably wouldnt buy one, or only buy a second hand one.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We do a lot of travelling (often in a tent!) so my portacot has been invaluable, especially as its a kid of "home away from home" for littlies.

I still use the one I bought for A aeons ago but its been especially useful recently as H is using it while we try to find the bolts we've mislaid for the big cot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were given one and in 13 months we've only used it for one weekend. I'm glad I didnt buy one. I'd probably recommend just borrowing one. My Mum does have a cot at her house though so we've never needed one we've stayed there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have twins and my DH works away, so i'ld go and spend the day at my mums once a week so the girls would sleep in it there, they both still fit at 6 months as premmies. We also used it when we went to family and friends for meals, I liked being able to put the girls down knowing that they could be settled for a while.

It was second hand, but I would have bought one anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got one to use in our room until DD moved into her own room at 9 wks old. Since then we've used it for when others with bubs have come over and a few away trips. We're planning on another bub so will use it for them as well so it was worth the money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have one used it alot!! Been on holidays and taken with us. Ours was a basinette aswell so was used during the day when DS was little and had naps in lounge room. Still used when I vacuum to put DS in there with some toys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have one and use it all the time. We go to dinner at friends places a lot, take the porta cot and put DD to bed in it. We use it most weeks, at least once a fortnight. I guess it depends on your lifestyle though.