+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morphology scan - everything measuring great but the nasal bone?

Well I had the morphology scan yesterday and I had to go back today because we couldn't get a good view of our little girl's heart and of the nose. Well the heart issue was fine today but now to the nose. They say that the nasal bone isn't developing the way it should. I had perfect NT scan results so not that concerned but it put me at 1 in 18,000 chance of a DS baby. I think she might have just ended up with a small nose like her dad! Everything else is fine and it's been a pretty trouble free pregnancy. Anyone got told that the nasal bone was small and everything worked out fine.

I think it was 39mm, I am 19 weeks 3 days but bubs is a shorty lol and measuring just over 18 weeks :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone? We were also told it looks like hypomineralization of the nasal bone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    Did you ever receive any more info on this? Our NT scan came back, bloods good, neck measurement good, no nasal bone. Has jumped us to 1:270 I am so nervous.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morphology scan - everything measuring great but the nasal bone?

I'm actually the opposite. Nothing was fine except for a high nasal bone! I'm nervous too!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Rosie, it's so hard isn't it. Are you having the amnio or CV? I spoke to one of the ob's at the hospital I am having the bub at and he had some interesting facts and histories behind the NT scans which put my mind at ease. He said just to remember that it is a statistical "guesstimation" rather than a medical examination which determines anything. Only the amnio and CV can do that.

I would love to hear from more people and what the outcome from their NT scans were.