+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Lazy apple slice recipe?

If I mixed tinned apples with a bit of sugar and cinnamon, and then poured it over a sheet of short crush pastry, and put another sheet on top, would that work as apple slice?

Ive never bought short crust pastry. I wanted a pie crust thickness on the top and bottom of the slice, like the apple slices you buy from a bakery.

(I'm nauseous and lethargic so am looking for an easy way to satisfy my apple slice craving)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It would be more like apple pie pastry then, so not as thick as bakery pastry in slice. I dont see why it wouldnt be edible lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Should be similar just make sure you get the sweet short crust pastry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks.

I'll have to be careful with the type of pastry or I'll end up with an apple sausage roll or something.

In my laziness, I looked at the nannas pies in boxes on the internet, but they were all pies and no slices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Mmmmmm apple sausage roll! Sounds delicious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did think about the flaky pastry, but I don't like apple turnovers or other flaky pastry type bakery items, really.

I was so desperate for an apple slice today that I rushed out bra-less and dishevelled to the local bakery. I almost cried when my 3yo wanted to stay home, and had to heavily negotiate with him using bakery items.