+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have floorboards in all but 2 rooms and the bathrooms in our house.

My only complaint - and this could be the actual floorboards - we have the 12mm laminated on underlay - could be different with real hardwood - is they echo a lot.

I find them a lot easier to clean - sweep/vacuum and damp mop. Cleaning up food mess is easy - no stains - no need to get them professionally cleaned. I find them a lot cleaner than carpet.

In bedrooms though - it's not a 'cosy' feeling .

As for replacing carpet ... Not sure by the time all the kids are in high school maybe?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have awful carpet which I will replace with more cheap carpet in about 5 years, as we are planning on moving and renting this place out. Wherever we move I guess we'll have preschool/school aged kids so we'll get nice carpet then. I despise hard floors I find them so uncosy.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Probably when DD is about 8...im hoping they become less messy at that age...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bedrooms are for sleeping in, why would kids wreck the carpets in the bedroom? In our house there are no toys or pens or paints or food allowed in the bedrooms. So, no issues with any of those on the bedroom carpet.

Just got lovely new carpet in our dd's room before she was born. We love it, it's so soft & beautiful for her to lie on (eg. after a nappy change while I wash my hands). We love the carpet and it wasn't a very expensive one.

Our lounge/dining room carpet has had lots of food spilled on it, but none of it has stained. Texta is a little more difficult to get rid of though (aka, impossible thus far!). My ds was 4 when he drew on the carpet (I'd accidentally fallen asleep on the couch - I was 8 weeks pregnant). Otherwise we just get the carpet professionally steam cleaned at least yearly and the carpet comes up really nicely.

I do wish we had floor boards or vinyl in the dining area though, I'm not looking forward to baby food all over the carpet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had floating timber floors in the main living areas and crap*y old carpets in the our house.

We are going to replace the carpets when our youngest is 6 - in prep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we have cork throughout the house and its awesome. so easy to keep clean and u can always see the dust/dirt so easier to clean up and if the kids fall on it its not as hard as timber or tiles so they don't hurt themselves as much. I would hate to go back to carpet now that we have cork

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd never replace carpet with carpet, but if I had no choice I'd say once toilet training was finished.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have traditional wooden floorboards everywhere except the bedrooms which are carpeted. Until we had kids we loved the floorboards, now they drive us bonkers with the noise from kids playing etc. Hate carpets too. Our new house will be tiled throughout.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have floorboards in our bedroom and I hate it, in winters it's awful to get out of bed onto a cold floor. Kids rooms are carpet, much better. Like PP said, bedrooms are for sleeping. We don't have any messy play or food in bedrooms in our house could you do something similar maybe???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Floorboard through out and I love it. Will be like that most likely forever.

I hate carpet and it upsets my asthma.