+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Drink bottle for 2 yr old?

Hi there
    Just wondering what people are using for drinks bottles and cups in this age. We're just outgrowing straw cups (chews them to bits). Sometimes practices with a normal cup but we're not there yet for full time. During meals he just uses a 'Dinkee' cup I got from coles which has a hard spout with large holes (leak if turned upside down to give him more practice). Tried a 'Sports Sipper' but he doesn't like it. Any recommendations? What did you do to transition to a normal cup from here?

Thanks for reading.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use normal plastic cup and a straw at dinner when I can supervise him not throwing the water or playing with it, also same when out in the yard. We have sippy cups with hard spouts, but non drip, for inside, cars and when I'm too tired/busy to supervise spillages. We do the same with my 3 yr old, who can drink from cups but her 2yr old brother gets jealous and spills them too much for me to always allow it.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My children went from boob to straw cup to normal cup/sports bottle but they generally only drink water from an open cup until they can manage on open cup most of the time.

IMO spills are inevitable so I just stick to milk/the odd juice at the table and water everywhere else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ds is 21 months, he refused sippy cups months ago.

We use a smash water bottle (with a turny lid) or a pop top or a cup at home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From about 12months we just use drink bottles. both have a insulated drink bottle eldest has a straw one and youngest has a soft spout one. otherwise around home its just a smash or sistema drink bottles or sippy cup in the car. they only ever get water in their cups so no dramas if it gets spilt (which it always does even in the sippy cups lol) Milk is given from a dinky straw cup and only whilst sitting at the table/in highchair

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    20 month old DD uses a drink bottle for Kmart. It has a twist top and when you twist a little spout pops out (bit like a pump bottle but twist insted of pull to open)

She can't open it by herself yet but drinks out of it well.

We went:
    Bottle,
    Sippy cup with soft teat.
    Sippy cup with hard teat (like yours)
    Then drink bottle.

She can 1/2 use a cup too, I just give her 2-3 mouthfuls of water in the bottom of the cup and that way if she spills its no biggy. She's had lots of practice with cups in the bath and with her pretend tea pot set though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all of your suggestions! Armed with all that in mind we went out shopping for a new drink bottle. Guess what we came back with? The exact same sports sipper but in a different colour with dinosaurs on it! Lol, apparently that one is great and he loves it. Ah well, problem solved. But some of you have inspired me to work on the normal cup at the table a bit more.

Thanks all!