+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by breakthemould View Post
    This.

The last time I flew with DS was a year ago when he was 17 months and he chewed the vinyl of the back of the seat infront of us headrest!! I didn't realise what he was doing until he sat back with blue flakes all over his cheeks!

He then barged into business class shrieking like a banshee and threw his blankie ontop a sleeping asian mans head which I had to extract ever so carefully while half the plane watched on in amusement. It was a family trip and my dad was seated two rows behind DH, DS and I and dad looked up from his book, saw what was going on, and put his earplugs in, eye mask on and pretended he didn't belong to us

Luckily a lovely lady at the back of the plane thought DS was 'delightful' and sent him up and down the aisle from my seat to hear seat with things to 'deilver' to me (napkins and safety charts!). It was lovely to have a stranger be so supportive.
    Sorry, I couldn't help but laugh at this post These are all things my son would do. I laugh so I don't cry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I have read through and I am "trying" to prepare myself for what is instore for me with my almost 3 year old.

I have been trying to find the right (hate saying it) label for him for a while now. So not sure if spirited is the right thing yet. But I read in earlier posts that spirited child means "more".

My DS is not naughty and he doesn't misbehave often. The things I am finding exhausting are things like his beyond exceptional social skills. At 2 I have been told me son rules the entire day care center he goes to. At 2 he is quickly out smarting everyone I know (especially his father).

He runs away from me at home but goes and does stuff like go to the laundry and sort the washing out and put it on - and we have never shown him this stuff!

The child breaks into his father’s car and can put it in gear and start the freaking engine (OF A MANUAL!) after obviously stealing the keys.

He never stops talking like NEVER the only time he isn't talking is when he has food in his mouth or is asleep (even then he talks in his sleep). He never stops!

I cannot keep up with him in terms of teaching him new things. He just wants more more more. I ended up going back to work because he was bored of me (no joke I wasn't interesting enough for him).

He doesn't even talk like a 2 year old. I asked him if he got a bump on his head from falling out of bed in the night and he turns around to me and says "no Mum, I assume I feel out of bed" like WTF did you just say.

Please please please don't think I am bragging in any way. Trust me I am not. I want to find the best resources to help my child grow appropriately and I need to know how best to describe him.

It is an intelligence, physical development, social aptitude that is so "more" i am finding it very scary and the closest people to him are also starting to see it also.

Sorry if I am in the completely wrong section

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi everyone. I really should get my butt into gear & by this book, esp. for DH who as Liji gets older is starting to be at a loss, poor guy. I love my boy & I'm glad he is who he is, and hasn't had his spirit beaten out of him, though I doubt it would be possible...
    I think our society makes it difficult to deal with spirited children. I try to free range my kids as much as possible, even in places where it's not "socially acceptable", and for the most part I let strangers judgement slide over me, but it does get to me sometimes.
    The frustrating thing is tho, if I let it get to me, I react in stupid ways because *I* am uncomfortable, instead of just going with it like I do when I'm chilled, and it always ends up worse. I'm glad I didn't get a quiet kid for my first to be honest, because having a spirited child is just my norm, yanno. Wonder what squish will be like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delisa View Post
    Hi. I have read through and I am "trying" to prepare myself for what is instore for me with my almost 3 year old.

I have been trying to find the right (hate saying it) label for him for a while now. So not sure if spirited is the right thing yet. But I read in earlier posts that spirited child means "more".

My DS is not naughty and he doesn't misbehave often. The things I am finding exhausting are things like his beyond exceptional social skills. At 2 I have been told me son rules the entire day care center he goes to. At 2 he is quickly out smarting everyone I know (especially his father).

He runs away from me at home but goes and does stuff like go to the laundry and sort the washing out and put it on - and we have never shown him this stuff!

The child breaks into his father’s car and can put it in gear and start the freaking engine (OF A MANUAL!) after obviously stealing the keys.

He never stops talking like NEVER the only time he isn't talking is when he has food in his mouth or is asleep (even then he talks in his sleep). He never stops!

I cannot keep up with him in terms of teaching him new things. He just wants more more more. I ended up going back to work because he was bored of me (no joke I wasn't interesting enough for him).

He doesn't even talk like a 2 year old. I asked him if he got a bump on his head from falling out of bed in the night and he turns around to me and says "no Mum, I assume I feel out of bed" like WTF did you just say.

Please please please don't think I am bragging in any way. Trust me I am not. I want to find the best resources to help my child grow appropriately and I need to know how best to describe him.

It is an intelligence, physical development, social aptitude that is so "more" i am finding it very scary and the closest people to him are also starting to see it also.

Sorry if I am in the completely wrong section
    Your bub sounds like mine.

I hate labelling my child but my DD is similar to your capability wise, she astounds me every day at 18 mo she can climb to the counter and get her own drink. DD is not bold, it's like she is 4 but trapped in the body of an 18 mo! I say she is spirited and I love her for her spirit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last night we went out to dinner with fil, mil and sil. Dd spent the entire time running around the entire restaurant I was beyond frustrated at the end. I hate when mil tries to interfer and help it just makes her worse I'm starting to think about not eating out with her anymore....

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 8yo is also spirited. It might look like I spend a lot of time on here, but we do a lot each day. Today we made pancakes, did some school art assignment, drew pictures, I had my hair "nit treated" by dd (no I don't have nits lol), helped dd write out a talk on recycling for tomorrow, helped dd make a cup of tea, made some playdough, let dd colour the playdough herself, gave the dog a bath when I noticed he turned from white to blue, found sunscreen in the freezer. The day isn't over yet lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This is my DD. Since the day she was born she has been non-stop.
    Went to buy milk and bread today and this is how it went. DD2 sits nicely in her pram the whole time DD1 refuses to get out of car, when she does get out she tries to push the pram and has a tantrum when i tell her she can't - then we get into the shops, she starts grabbing everything and running up the aisles shouting 'I love strawberry milk' (keep in mind she has literally never had strawberry milk, ever), when we get to the checkout she grabs everything and throws it on the belt, i tell her to stop she does (miracle) then as i'm paying she grabs the pram and pushes DD2 down the middle of the shopping centre - i chase her and tell her off and then she cries, we get to the car and head home. DD2 cries all teh way home as DD1 keeps stealing her teddy (she likes to hold a teddy when we drive).
    I would rate that a pretty successful trip to the shop

I'm tired.
    That is all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a day.

5am the cat and dog run through the house. Madame is normally up at 5 but it's dark, rainy, and thudery so she would not get up. However she did tell me off for the furbies being noisy.

6am I tell her to get up now, time to have breakfast and get ready for swimming training. That was met with "no, not going, leave my room" so I told her I will be back in 5 minutes, if she still chooses not to go that's fine, but no changing her mind after that.

6.10 she still tells me she wants to skip it, and makes no move to get up. That's fine, I leave her be then change the cat litter, feed the furbies, make up some milk for them both, fill up there water, get the towels off the line, make a coffee and sit down to fb for a bit.

7.05am dd gets up and gets dressed for swimming so then we enter into WWIII over the fact it's too late, she made her own choices, time is up for swimming.

I know you can all imagine the 20 minute tantrum that followed. I ran her a tub, got breakfast cooking, laid out her uniform. Miraculously she was bathed, fed and dressed, hair and teeth brushed by 8.10 which is a bit late, but with the late start and hissy fit it was better than expected.

8.tf we pull into the school car park as the bell rings. I go to park and she tells me to use the drop off zone. I was happy, it was raining and I did not want to deal with parents either.

In the drop off zone, she refuses to get out, wants to be walked in. I tell her no, she made the choice, she has to walk herself in. Parents behind us are getting annoyed, I start yelling at her as there was no way to get back to the car park in the traffic without it adding another 15 minutes to it, when by then the second bell had gone. She got out, screamed at me, I handed her the hat at which time she bit and yelled nore, slammed the door shut, then kicked my poor car that is already crushed in.

I get home and her teacher calls to tell me she refuses to do her talk time. I was still in tears and told her I can't make her, she has to find a way to make her or accept that she won't do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    This is my DD. Since the day she was born she has been non-stop.
    Went to buy milk and bread today and this is how it went. DD2 sits nicely in her pram the whole time DD1 refuses to get out of car, when she does get out she tries to push the pram and has a tantrum when i tell her she can't - then we get into the shops, she starts grabbing everything and running up the aisles shouting 'I love strawberry milk' (keep in mind she has literally never had strawberry milk, ever), when we get to the checkout she grabs everything and throws it on the belt, i tell her to stop she does (miracle) then as i'm paying she grabs the pram and pushes DD2 down the middle of the shopping centre - i chase her and tell her off and then she cries, we get to the car and head home. DD2 cries all teh way home as DD1 keeps stealing her teddy (she likes to hold a teddy when we drive).
    I would rate that a pretty successful trip to the shop

I'm tired.
    That is all.
    Good grief, I could have written that! Typical shop with my DS1!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe it's only 10.30am...DS has been extra challenging today. He's going through a picky eating phase which is making it so much worse...sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    What a day.

5am the cat and dog run through the house. Madame is normally up at 5 but it's dark, rainy, and thudery so she would not get up. However she did tell me off for the furbies being noisy.

6am I tell her to get up now, time to have breakfast and get ready for swimming training. That was met with "no, not going, leave my room" so I told her I will be back in 5 minutes, if she still chooses not to go that's fine, but no changing her mind after that.

6.10 she still tells me she wants to skip it, and makes no move to get up. That's fine, I leave her be then change the cat litter, feed the furbies, make up some milk for them both, fill up there water, get the towels off the line, make a coffee and sit down to fb for a bit.

7.05am dd gets up and gets dressed for swimming so then we enter into WWIII over the fact it's too late, she made her own choices, time is up for swimming.

I know you can all imagine the 20 minute tantrum that followed. I ran her a tub, got breakfast cooking, laid out her uniform. Miraculously she was bathed, fed and dressed, hair and teeth brushed by 8.10 which is a bit late, but with the late start and hissy fit it was better than expected.

8.tf we pull into the school car park as the bell rings. I go to park and she tells me to use the drop off zone. I was happy, it was raining and I did not want to deal with parents either.

In the drop off zone, she refuses to get out, wants to be walked in. I tell her no, she made the choice, she has to walk herself in. Parents behind us are getting annoyed, I start yelling at her as there was no way to get back to the car park in the traffic without it adding another 15 minutes to it, when by then the second bell had gone. She got out, screamed at me, I handed her the hat at which time she bit and yelled nore, slammed the door shut, then kicked my poor car that is already crushed in.

I get home and her teacher calls to tell me she refuses to do her talk time. I was still in tears and told her I can't make her, she has to find a way to make her or accept that she won't do it.
    Eep sounds like a full on morning