+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Another spirited child here. Shes very full on as well as entering the terrible twos, so yay for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Last edited by Pregnor; 25-02-2012 at 08:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Pregnor; 25-02-2012 at 08:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Pregnor; 25-02-2012 at 08:10.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When DS was younger, I just assumed all toddlers acted this way (I didn't know a lot of parents with kids his age). We then had a family friend visit with her toddler, and the toddler was playing so nicely, quietly, *calmly*...she seemed almost subdued in comparison to my DS. At one stage she even sat down on the floor - sat STILL - to eat a biscuit, and just calmly and quietly chewed it until she was finished, and then hopped up again. I was gobsmacked!

Gradually I have met more and more toddlers and have come to realise that DS is 'different'. Not 'bad' different - just different. Like WCM said - more intense, louder, faster, more energetic, more persistent, more sensitive.

Life with DS can be a huge struggle. It's near impossible taking him out...events are a nightmare and I would never even contemplate taking him grocery shopping. Most days are exhausting.

My biggest pet peeve is people who are ignorant when it comes to spirited children - people who think he's being naughty or think his behaviour is a result of poor parenting (especially because I don't smack etc). I'm slowly learning to ignore it though...I know i'm doing the best job I can, and he's a pretty amazing little guy I don't see 'spirited' as being a negative thing...just challenging...and very, very tiring

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hmm. This thread has me wondering..

I'd describe DD1 as intense, and I have always felt that there was 'more' to her, but not sure what? A lot of the stuff in this thread is very much like she is. But it's only around DF and I, so people like FIL and MIL don't really believe us when we say she is intense. She isnt hyperactive or physically intense, but she certainly leaves DF and I feeling emotionally exhausted come 5pm. When she is at Kindy, it feels like we are on holiday.

Might check out this book.
    Last edited by Guest1234; 25-02-2012 at 01:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And now I feel like a mega bish cos that was so negative.

I LOVE him to bits, he is such a lovely kid, so affectionate, perceptive, caring. He absolutely adores his sister. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE him.

But he is really hard work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Pregnor; 25-02-2012 at 08:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    When DS was younger, I just assumed all toddlers acted this way (I didn't know a lot of parents with kids his age). We then had a family friend visit with her toddler, and the toddler was playing so nicely, quietly, *calmly*...she seemed almost subdued in comparison to my DS. At one stage she even sat down on the floor - sat STILL - to eat a biscuit, and just calmly and quietly chewed it until she was finished, and then hopped up again. I was gobsmacked!

Gradually I have met more and more toddlers and have come to realise that DS is 'different'. Not 'bad' different - just different. Like WCM said - more intense, louder, faster, more energetic, more persistent, more sensitive.

Life with DS can be a huge struggle. It's near impossible taking him out...events are a nightmare and I would never even contemplate taking him grocery shopping. Most days are exhausting.

My biggest pet peeve is people who are ignorant when it comes to spirited children - people who think he's being naughty or think his behaviour is a result of poor parenting (especially because I don't smack etc). I'm slowly learning to ignore it though...I know i'm doing the best job I can, and he's a pretty amazing little guy I don't see 'spirited' as being a negative thing...just challenging...and very, very tiring
    I could have wrote this post word for word! So many people just do not understand.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post

Good grief! I could have written that a well!!! lol.
    My DS1 WAS the quiet biscuit eater.. and now with DS2, I.am.exhausted.
    He is relentless.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (26-02-2012)