+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I ordered this book on the weekend, thinking, it can't hurt to read... Now reading this thread I've realized I DEFINITELY need to read it...

My name is swizzlestick, and I have a spirited child...

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Just thought I'd pop in and check on you all

My Spirited lovelies are 7yrs old now. YAY for me!! I've just bought her next book "Kids, Parents and Power Struggles"... worth a read!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has been wide-eyed and bushy-tailed since the moment he was born. Even my mom has trouble with his because my brother and I were the most easy going babies you could find. And he's only 10 months old! I'm wondering what he will be like when he's older...at least he listens well to "no" so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I definitely think I belong here ! My DD is 2 1/2 years old and drives me insane. It's sad to say but there are many days where I look forward to her going to bed! My DF has 5 kids from a previous relationship and he even agrees that DD is more full on than all his other kids put together. She also has a speech delay which adds to hers and my frustration. Last week I had to give her time-out in the middle of her swimming lesson, thankfully the teacher and other mums were very supportive and even complimented me on following through with her discipline regardless of where she was which really meant a lot to me . Shopping can be such a nightmare sometimes, and just recently I decided to give the cats something else for a change, well we had a huge meltdown and started throwing tins of catfood out of the trolley nearly hitting poor customers as they passed us!
    So I can relate to all of you and your daily struggles!
    I have to say though, I absolutely love my DD to bits!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Pretty sure I fit into this category. Have bought RYSC e-book and am trying to get through a few pages at a time between wrangling Miss 2. Yesterday she put a live worm in her 3 month old brother's mouth...
    She certainly keeps me on my toes, but on the other hand, is delightfully charming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What age did you realise your child was spirited? DS is only 10 months.

Some of the characteristics from the book and what pp have stick out.
    Like someone else mentioned, from 17 weeks poignant I felt like there was an alien in my belly.

He's on the move all the time, I can't just leave him to his own devices.

I got him a play own when he started crawling at 7 months and the first thing he did was stand up and push it along the floor.

If he wants something he HAS to have it or there's a full blown tantrum.

I'll be keying an eye on this thread anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluest Blue Box For This Useful Post:

breakthemould  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is teething again at the moment. She is getting the eye teeth (and the bottom equivilant). Each tooth has been worse than the next - I'm so jealous of parents who say their child's teeth just 'appear one day'. I know they are coming for at least a week before hand. She does not handle discomfort well. Couple that with one hour naps and general toddler disobedience it has been an exhausting week.
    Last edited by nerdgirl99; 24-02-2012 at 22:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Me Me.

I have a very spirited 2 year old. He just doesn't stop, except when he is asleep. He is always climbing up on stuff, jumbing of stuff, trying to ride our cat, and he is always competing with his 4.5 year oldler brother.

He goes to kindy 2 days a week so i can have a break. His kindy have said the same thing, he gets put in time out at kindy and he just laughs.

He is very impatient, demanding and sensitive. He had advanced learning skills so he is forever talking AT 2. His older brother didn't really start talking until 3.5 so i aint used to the "but why" from a 2 year old.

I am sooo tired by the end of the day he just wears me out sooo much.

My DH as works Fifo 7/7 so i have him soley even second week.

Some people dont understand they just think he is a very naughy child but he is just very spirited.

i feel better now i just needed to get that out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Every single word from above it my daughter!!! I MUST get that book for my Kobo!!
    Wow. So turns out I have a spirited child! He fits that to an absolute tee. He is very demanding but he is well disciplined (thanks to hours of pain staking stubbornness on my part!) but definitely tests the boundaries. I used to be concerned he may have autism as he would spend so much time fixated on puzzles. This book explains that now. Just wow, I'm do thankful for this upload! Where to from here...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing . I have a spirited one!