+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi i have a very spirited two year old too... He is very loving and gentle but cannot sit still! One of his fav things to do is run around chasing the fan when its on for hours.... We have a trampoline and slide in our lounge room.. People laugh when they come over but we need it in case it rains and we cant get outside to use up his energy...
    He loves being outside but you cant let go of his hand or he will just run and run and never even think to look back and see if your there... I keep him in the pram when were out cas if he gets out youl never get him back in and he cant sit on a chair without wriggling and falling off... We dont go out for diner with friends or lunch with mothers group cas he just wont sit there and couldn't give two hoots about food... It amazes me how the others just sit there and eat, not mine, never!
    When we first met at mothers group the babies were six weeks old and he wAs nick named crazy cam cas he would just lay on the ground and kick and kick while i never saw the others awake... And six month old link is looking to be exactly the same... Yesterday they were both crawling over the basket of newly folded washing they had tipped all over the floor cacking themselves laughing... Very cute... Very scary too!!!
    Family and friends really dont get it, think we're helicopter parents but if you drop your guard for even a minute next thing you know they're about to fall through a window or are spraying cleaning products around the laundry, tempting to just stay home or stick to fenced parks where i know he's safe sigh and yawn xxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

share a book  (25-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I remember at swimming lessons, dd was 2 and this mum had a 2.5yo in dd's group, a 1.5yo and a little bub. She would put the baby in the pram, tell the toddler to wait for her then walk to the poolside with a towel and the 2yo would climb out, get the towel on, then head to the change room. Mine would kick, scream, swim away, thrash about

I would see them shopping and the mum would have the baby and 2 toddlers would follow her! Switched swimming lessons, but when dd started school the older one was there a year above her. Now they all go there, the mum works in the office and they are still like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean share a book! At swimming i don't let ds feet touch the ground til it's time to get in other wise it would be like a dog pulling its owner along by its leash lol!!! I said to a friend whose son just toddles along behind her that i dint know what i did so wrong to make ds ran away from me as soon as i let go, she just smiled and said nothing, its just how he is hun.... Could of kissed her!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

erinn  (26-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww isnt it awesome when people just understand, like that ^

So many people just dont. I love reading these posts, I sure don't feel so alone now. And I agree about the fenced parks! Best thing ever invented and pretty much the only ones we visit these days. Means DD can have a little more free reign, I dont have to feel like such a hovering parent and yet also dont have to worry about her getting out and running free!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erinn View Post
    Awww isnt it awesome when people just understand, like that ^

So many people just dont. I love reading these posts, I sure don't feel so alone now. And I agree about the fenced parks! Best thing ever invented and pretty much the only ones we visit these days. Means DD can have a little more free reign, I dont have to feel like such a hovering parent and yet also dont have to worry about her getting out and running free!
    It's funny, you let them run wild and they cause havok beyond anything imaginable to the point of not being invited back. You stay close to avoid their mass destruction and cop the label helicopter parent, and are talked about so feel uncomfortable when invited places. Most people I spend time with have kids who need hands-on supervision as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were at a friends BBQ a few weeks ago. All the kids running around playing. No incidents to report from anyone until DS decided that:

A. It would bed a good idea to paint one of the kids bedrooms with Sudacrem.
    B. Face painting with Sudacrem would be fun.
    C. Drawing on bed sheets was extra fun.
    D. Sticking random objects down the toilet was a great idea.

No other child participated in these activities. Just my darling 2.5yo making himself at home.

Wonder if we will get an invite to the next get together. Me thinks not!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you find my sense of humour, please return it. I need it urgently! Took DS to Macdonalds yesterday as a treat for lunch and to play on the playground. He was bouncing off the walls at home, so i don't know why I thought going to a crowded place with lots of people, noise and activity would be fun for him!! My stupid. He had a huge meltdown and didn't want to sit and eat his lunch, then wanted to go in the playground, then changed his mind, then wanted to keep going in and playing in the toilets with toilet paper, flush, hand dryer, the doors....All in the space of 5 minutes! He threw himself on the floor and was screaming and refused to be picked up and banged his head purposefully on the ground. More screaming, even louder this time. I literally carried him out under my arm. Food left uneaten. Mess everywhere. People just staring. again. The screaming, whinging, demanding (ohh, the demanding), attention-seeking continued until I finally got him to fall asleep at 9pm last night. Awake at 11pm for an encore performance. Then the show was over at midnight. To be continued at 5am this morning until drop off at daycare at 8.30. Where he just ran off and hugged his favourite carer there and started playing with all the toys and was full of smiles and joy at being away from his dragon lady mother. He didn't even say goodbye...I feel like poo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow...I'm glad I found this thread my son is only 7 months and most definitely spirited.

He had me in tears with the amount of pain his kicks causes me during pregnancy. From when he was born he barely slept during the day. They even struggled to do the hearing test on him at two days old as he kept knocking the things off his ears. At 6 days old I put him on his tummy for his first tummy time....he rolled onto his back....he has rolled from back to sides since birth. He has also followed conversations (as in, looks to whoever is talking, since a couple of weeks old)
    He is super sensitive to noise. Hates babies crying and loud bangs. He also "chooses" who he likes and doesn't.

Already it poses challenges. Even at two months he wouldn't be happy to be in his pram for hours while I met a friend etc. I have to keep him entertained all the time. At 6 months he was commando crawling after our dog, biting his paws!

Bt I wouldn't have t any other way. He is such a "character" and so much fun