+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    For those with girls do you find people don't really believe you if you say you have a spirited daughter? I know i get a lot of people tell me i'm lucky to girls as they are 'easy' and 'sweet' whereas boys are the energetic and mischievous ones.
    I tend to find that anyone who has actually met my daughter, no longer have that thought in their heads.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

share a book  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    I tend to find that anyone who has actually met my daughter, no longer have that thought in their heads.
    Same, although when I was pregnant people were telling me wish for a boy, they are easier to handle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I had to sign four accident forms when I picked dd up from child care today. Four in ONE DAY!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone watch Family Guy? My DD2 is the exact character of Stewie Griffin. She is 18 months old.

The other day she managed to get her arms out of her car seat 4 times and open the door while I was driving at 80kms +

3 months ago she started handing me nuts and bolts, I clearly had no idea where they were coming from and kept throwing them out. Then one day about 3 weeks ago it all came to ahead when we got up to go sit down and have breakfast my chair collapsed, followed by DD1's chair followed by the table. DD2 stood there and said "uh oh"...

I was really scratching my head as to why on earth everything broke and it wasn't till we had reached IKEA (to purchase another table and chairs) that it all dawned on me. That's where all those screws and bolts were coming from...

She never sleeps, goes to bed at 11pm-12am every night. No real nap during the day. Like to be in possession of odd things, like hammers and forks. Is very affectionate but if she doesn't get what she wants you'll know about it, for example, DD1 was telling her not to do something while she had the phone in her hand so she walked up to DD1 who is 12 and hit her as hard as she could with the phone on her head!!! She is really naughty....

But highly intelligent. At day care she likes to play alone and act like a carer telling other children off, feeding them and putting them down for a nap. To cute.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThreePeasPlease For This Useful Post:

HELPihavea2yrold!  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 2 year old that all this fits shes not hyperactive but she never stops and is always busy. Her pead and dietician say they have never seen a child quite like her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElastiGirl View Post
    Has anyone watch Family Guy? My DD2 is the exact character of Stewie Griffin. She is 18 months old.

The other day she managed to get her arms out of her car seat 4 times and open the door while I was driving at 80kms +

3 months ago she started handing me nuts and bolts, I clearly had no idea where they were coming from and kept throwing them out. Then one day about 3 weeks ago it all came to ahead when we got up to go sit down and have breakfast my chair collapsed, followed by DD1's chair followed by the table. DD2 stood there and said "uh oh"...

I was really scratching my head as to why on earth everything broke and it wasn't till we had reached IKEA (to purchase another table and chairs) that it all dawned on me. That's where all those screws and bolts were coming from...

She never sleeps, goes to bed at 11pm-12am every night. No real nap during the day. Like to be in possession of odd things, like hammers and forks. Is very affectionate but if she doesn't get what she wants you'll know about it, for example, DD1 was telling her not to do something while she had the phone in her hand so she walked up to DD1 who is 12 and hit her as hard as she could with the phone on her head!!! She is really naughty....

But highly intelligent. At day care she likes to play alone and act like a carer telling other children off, feeding them and putting them down for a nap. To cute.
    I am nearly wetting myself laughing.

I think your DD sounds like the perfect future wife of my DS1.

Imagine how boring life would be without them!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 2Bboys For This Useful Post:

ThreePeasPlease  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Mine too lol. Babysitters never come back a second time.

Anyone finding science experiments around the house?

I have so far found sunscreen in the freezer, toothpaste on a teaspoon behind the couch, a container in her wardrobe with an apple inside of it, this week alone.

Sunscreen doesn't freeze. Toothpaste doesn't expand with air. Apples still rot in airtight containers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElastiGirl View Post

Oh my gosh!

My DSs need to carry around a pink handbag full of toys seems like nothing now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm methinks that DS is actually a cherub with a few bad moments after reading the last few pages! Sorry ladies but some of those stories are HILARIOUS!

Had a good day today, but have an in-home visit tomorrow to do with resuming foster caring after our 6 month hiatus and just found out that DS family daycare is cancelled for tomorrow (of all days, of course!). I can only imagine the chaos that will ensue once a suit clad social worker sits on my lounge with a pen and paper to ask me if I'm ready to resume caring and feeling refreshed!! Phenergan (sp) anyone?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My worst parenting moments:

DD at 18MO projectile vomitting on a policeman

DD at 3 going out the back door down the path and onto the front door step to feed the cat after she was told to not step foot outside the front door

Dd at 4 ringing the police (000) when Nanna wouldn't let her do as she pleased

DD at 5 for stealing the teacher's pointer, breaking it and hiding it -DURING CRE!

DD at 5 getting banned off the school bus after getting the bullying down on the ground and then sinking the boot in

DD at 7 unravelling an onion in my bed

DD at 7 supergluing my towels togther after getting into trouble for unravelling an onion in my bed

DD at 7 deciding she WAS NOT going to OSHCare and walking home after school

DD at 7 running away when at the Vic Market when not allowed to have a hot jam donut - she was missing for several minutes - I aged 10 years for every minute she was missing

She's only been 8 for a month - so we don't have a worst moment for 8 yet...

but these are the 'highlights' that come to mind

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (07-03-2012)