+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Time to go and get dd2 from school soon. Just going to relish these last moments of silence before I go. Then the fun will begin all over again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Naps? what's that?

DD was never a big napper and gave them up completely shorty after turning 1. My nearly 2 year old does not day nap either - it blows my mind that people have 2/3 year olds who still nap, amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh......

This is MY DD too!!!!

She's nearly five and I'm exhausted!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum22 View Post
    Currently my 20 month old is trying to stick the vaccum plug in the power point, seriously how many times can I say no!
    Ds2 (3yrs) stuck my keys into the power point the other day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My spirited child is currently vegging on the couch watching waybuloo. Must be exhausted from screaming the house down when he wet MY bed last night

**Mum, Dad, Big boy (Dec 08) and Baby girl (Feb 11)**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    It has taken me almost a week to find the time to come back to this thread

I would like to introduce my self and let you all know i have a "Spirited Child"

My DD is 2 she is very very smart for her age and she knows it.

I can not give her ANYTHING with sugar in it, even if a banana is too ripe, as soon as she eats it the eyes get really really wide, she gets this strange smile and will spend the next 3 hours bouncing of walls, people, the cat.... I have to be soo careful with what she eats.

She has so so so much energy, yesterday for example, she managed to get into the bathroom and unload an entire tube of toothpaste onto her and everything in the 20 seconds it took me to follow her in there. The toothpaste is in a cup on the wall above the sink.... i have decided my daughter can fly...
    She then decided that she is an acrobat and tried to tightrope walk along the back of the couch on a mission to get to the gold fish ( i swear she is going to get to it and eat it one day soon) saw me coming jumped landed on the couch and then onto her feet on the ground a took off... into my bedroom where i now have to put everything back into my closet
    We have to keep the bin off the ground becasue that is just a wonderful toy. The cats have to eat thier food while balancing on the washing machine cos it is the only safe place to put it. We have had to (did this yesterday after she also tried to flush my car keys down the toilet) replace the locks on the bathroom and toilet door so we can lock it so she cant get into them.

I had a week off work last week as mum was up to visit. She arrived saying "DD cant possibly be that bad " (ok so maybe bad is not the word. I know she is just a toddler and learning etc but DYKWIM?) to (3 days later) "Should we take DD to childcare today?"

She just never stops, moving, talking, she hates going to bed - cos she might miss out on something.

OMG, this sounds like the biggest winge ever but it is nice to know i am not alone. Whenever i try to talk to anybody about it in real life, i am told that i am exaggerating. Im Not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For those with girls do you find people don't really believe you if you say you have a spirited daughter? I know i get a lot of people tell me i'm lucky to girls as they are 'easy' and 'sweet' whereas boys are the energetic and mischievous ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think thats absolutely the reason they dont sleep, they dont want to miss out! I can't even clean til I know he is asleep or he will bound out of bed to 'help'

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

bpac  (27-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Pregnor View Post
    I think thats absolutely the reason they dont sleep, they dont want to miss out! I can't even clean til I know he is asleep or he will bound out of bed to 'help'

Help... is that what they call it? I am so lucky that once DD is finally asleep she will sleep through ANYTHING!! Ok, so i vaccume at two oclock in the morning - who doesnt?

The trick is actually getting her to sleep....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I send my kids to daycare once a week so I can vacuum. I'd do it at 2am if I want scared of waking the breast! Ds freaks out when I turn it on, dd attacks it. I sweep up the food and sand, but come tuesdays it's pretty gross!