+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kids are good sometimes the baby gets fussy but she is only 4 months so to be expected.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are Ok with very quick shops, but that's about it. I've always shopped when they are at daycare. I do hear lots of other children crying/screaming etc and I really feel sorry for the Mum & glad its not me.

I'm dreading school holidays now because DD1 will have to come shopping with me. She is worse than my 3yr old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 3 and is pretty good if i go first thing in the morning.
    I grab him one of those choc milk in a poptops as soon as we walk in and he sits in the trolley drinking that the whole way around the shop.
    Then I just pay for the empty poptop milk at the checkout with the rest of the shopping.

My step-kids are bad though, they are all in primary school and if i take all of them together they wrestle, push each other and run around like idiots.
    I usually have to bribe them with a treat for behaving.
    Bit mostly i just avoid taking the step-kids out in public all together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a 3yo and 6yo.Genreally if theres only one of them,they are well behaved.
    But taking them out together is a nightmare,I avoid it at all costs.They want anything and everything and will crack it if they dont get it,they touch EVERYTHING,Run around,bump into people.
    I usually wait till I get back to the car and unleash all my fury.
    Yesterday DH and I went out shopping ALONE for 6 whole hours of pure bliss.It was AMAZING!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Taking my kids out to the shops is like hopping into a lions cage with meat dangling over you. You will most likely be eaten and torn apart... but you might be okay. Depends.

I took DD2 out today, she was okay up until I took her to the toilets because she'd had an accident. She screamed the parents room down, upset a bunch of newborns and some toddlers and one who asked her mum why DD was so upset. It was all because she didn't want to get changed.

She yelled at me in Kmart because I wouldn't buy her a ball. She quite happily walked around Target. She screamed and paused in Best & Less refusing to walk with me but was a happy camper in the food court.

DD1 is another story and it depends entirely on her mood, she can be a breeze or she can make you wish you never left home.

Grocery shopping is another story entirely - both of them HATE grocery shopping and will be as difficult as possible so DH and I go on kindy/school days. Not worth the fight there.

I hear loads of kids throwing tantrums and now I'm like 'poor parents' whereas before kids I was like 'take your kids home!'

Thanks
    Reviews
    love this thread!!

My DD has gone through a variety of stages, from constantly begging me to take her shopping because she loves it so much to throwing a public tantrum. But generally is pretty good now, as people have said if you can time it right half the battle is won!

But, in my worst moments when she is having a complete meltdown, I always remember that one of my baby books said that you are not a true parent until you have experienced a toddler meltdown in a public place, complete with strangers passing judgement Always makes me giggle and feel empathetic when I see others going through the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My kids usually do the opposite. They are angels when I take them out and I'm always complimented on how well behaved they are but when they come home they turn into devils

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    I have to shop. I have to bring my kids. I really cannot be bothered with the judgements of other shoppers, or the comments from the shop assistants.

I hate shopping with kids.I want to scream and cry too.
    This made me LMAO! This was me today.

In a perfect world, I would only take my kids shopping when they were well rested and well fed but life just has to go on anyway doesn't it!

The worst tantrums I get are the tired ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only had the 3 youngest today (4mths, 22mths & 3)... it was the easiest shop I've done in AGES!!!

No tantrums & everyone got a treat

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 is spirited. Taking him anywhere is a nightmare - it's probably my child you are hearing screaming. We have had a couple of good trips here and there, but it's mostly a drama.