+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What position are you using?

I could never get the hang of cradle position and preferred the Tummy to Tummy/snuggle position best.

It also helps to make sure that your little one has a nice deep seat and if his legs are out that the bottom rail is at his knees.

HTH

2. The Following User Says Thank You to happygrl For This Useful Post:

onedayatatime  (23-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think my sling does tummy to tummy. If she is sleepy it does cradle as if she were in my arms ( but look! No hands!)
    When she is awake I sit her more upright with her legs semi crossed in front of her, but her shoulder is still tucked in the sling as it heads towards my shoulder.
    And when she is older, she will sit on my hip with her bum in it, legs dangling out bottom. This one in particular is fab for a quick dash in a shop or errands. It distributes the weight around abut more even though you still use one hand. Not for hours of prolonged use though as they are heavy by this age...

Tried to BF in it other day first time ever and what a joke, won't try that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Mum of 4yr boy, nearly 3yr boy & last but not least 5 month girl.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It took me a while to get the hang of the sling too. Practicing over the bed with lots of pillows made me less fearful of dropping her, making sure that you have the side closest to you smooth across your body and fan out the other side and position bubs spine along the centre seam (if your sling has a centre seam). I found that in my earlier, failed attenpts, I was putting her in too low down so I started putting her in a bit higher up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for being so helpful everyone!

I have a Breeze Baby.

With all these tips and video links I feel confident to try (yet) again.

I think perhaps I've been muddled up - I think I've been pulling the tail out and down rather than up and out. How could I get that so wrong?! Must be lack of sleep!

Oh, and I've been using it for the tummy to tummy position.

Really appreciate your help everyone.

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Breeze baby is great to use because the tail is quite short - but sometimes it can get a bit slippery depending on what baby is wearing so just make sure a whole lot of the fabric is right over babes bum...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BabushkaMumma For This Useful Post: