+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I HATE my front loader! I keep hoping it will break down so I can get a top loader.

The cycles take way too long, and the quick cycle doesn't clean clothes properly.

As soon as you try to use a warm wash it chews through the power because they heat the water from cold inside the drum.

I never usually have to iron much when I use my mum's top loader, but the front loader leaves everything so creased that I can't get away with not ironing anything.

I also hate that they lock because I put a load on and then inevitably find one piece of clothing I have missed but I can't stop the cycle to chuck it in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Top loader. DF hates our front loader and waits til it has filled up with water then puts more water in manually. When we move we will be selling it and getting a top loader again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Top loader. DF hates our front loader and waits til it has filled up with water then puts more water in manually.
    Why? and How?

Genuinely curious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Why? and How?

Genuinely curious
    Because the clothes don't get wet enough so don't get cleaned properly. He does it by opening the detergent tray and pouring water into where you put the detergent, and stops when he can actually see water in the washing machine, against the window IYKWIM??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm happy with my front loader.. just annoys me sometimes that it takes so long to do a load

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love my top loader - I am too lazy to have a front loader as it requires bending over to use it lol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (22-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love our Boshe front loader. Like PP's have said, it's gentler clothes and I find it washes really well. I always use the Eco setting with cold water and don't have any issues with stains etc. Even DS's spag bog stains come out!!

OP, with your towels, you shouldn't use fabric softener with them anyway. It makes them less absorbent. They also get harder/scratchier as they get older.

I'm bad as I always throw my towels in the dryer anyway. They always go hard on the line even when they are new, so I dryer dry them to keep them soft and fluffy.

I would look at if you have hard water where you live now (there is a site if you Google that will tell you if your water is hard or soft), and try different detergents. I love the Omo Front Loader for the clothes and Rocking Green for cloth nappies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely TOP loader for me. I love the convenience of being able to start a load and add something in if I forget, and being able to lift the lid at any stage. I have a 2 year old Simpson 9.5kg which has handwash settings and so on. I don't do any handwashing at all, even silk goes in. TIP- NEVER buy a washing machine that has electric control panel. Go for the old fashioned manual knob that you turn by hand. On the electirc models, if the electrics go, the machine won't work and costs a fortune to fix! I learnt that lesson from experience. Good luck! From a very fussy washer

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a f&p top loader and I love it, I think it's 7.5kg one? I've had it for 7 years and it's never broken down clothes always come out clean, very happy

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Definitely TOP loader for me. I love the convenience of being able to start a load and add something in if I forget, and being able to lift the lid at any stage. I have a 2 year old Simpson 9.5kg which has handwash settings and so on. I don't do any handwashing at all, even silk goes in. TIP- NEVER buy a washing machine that has electric control panel. Go for the old fashioned manual knob that you turn by hand. On the electirc models, if the electrics go, the machine won't work and costs a fortune to fix! I learnt that lesson from experience. Good luck! From a very fussy washer
    Oh yes, all of the stuff said at the start! Though mines electric and like I said its been awesome, my mum had a f&p one too but hers broke a few times and they have had to get it fixed, lucky they paid the extra for extended warranty hers has a LCD display though, mine just has buttons.