+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Front or top load washing machine??

Not sure if this is the right area. Sorry if it is not but here us my question.
    My mum has always used top load washing machines as have I. When I moved in with my fiancé 4yrs ago I sold my machine and we kept his front loading machine. I have never had to use fabric softener as my towels and clothing were always soft. Since using the front loader I have noticed my once soft towels and other items seem to get quite stiff and rough. I have used vinegar to try and soften the towels but they still feel like sandpaper is this caused by front loaders?? It is a water saving one so it uses less water and gives the washing a hell of a beating. I'm concerned for when bub arrives as I don't want my cloth nappies to go rough or bubs towels. Any suggestions or should we sell it and get a top loader??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love my front loader because I can use the top of it to put things on (like my nappy buckets when I used cloth nappies, and now clothes that need de-staining etc.) and our laundry is teeny tiny so it's handy for that.
    But our clothes do take a total beating, I have to dryer dry my towels or they're stiff as boards and things take forever to wash. I'm not going to sell mine, but we'll be in our own house when we need a new one and if I can comfortable have a top loader I'll most likely go back to a top loader.

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i'd be looking at the soap you're using. i have a front loader and don't use fabric softener, and everything comes out fine. everything goes through on a quick wash, which is about 30-40 minutes, except bedding which i put on an extra rinse cycle. THAT takes forever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    doing a quick wash every time shortens the life span of your machine.

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    doing a quick wash every time shortens the life span of your machine.
    ..no one's ever told me that before. woops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a front loader washing mashine and i love it.

My towels do come out a bit stiff so i put them in the direr and they come out soft.

I also use fabric softner and napisan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a front loader and I HATE it!!! It dyes my clothes regularly, takes forever and yeah I cannot wait for it to die so I can a top loader back. I think it dyes clothes so easily because of the temp of the water it needs to use due to the lack of water, anyway it drives me insane, it's really rough on all my clothes, towels everything

Waiting on the arrival of William

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love my front loader its a Samsung, it's been a great machine. I also use liquid, I don't use the quick wash for things like towels. I put them on the "towel" wash setting that is has, but I do quick wash things that I don't consider really dirty. I also don't use fabric softener. Someone told me once that the hardness (ph and chemical balance) of your water can neutralize the soap and make the clothes stiff and scratchy.. I hope you find one u r happy with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had 2 very expensive front loaders and NEVER again. I just bought a top loader and LOVE IT! I never have any washing because it's huge and quick and well I am always waiting to use it lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a LG front loader. I love it!! I even went a brought one for Mum and Dad because they are so good!

I have never had any problem with my towels going horrible! I'm really fussy about soft towel and bed sheets!!

I have never had any problems PP have mentioned
    Last edited by waterlily; 21-02-2012 at 20:35.