Hello everyone My name is Julie and I am a 3rd year midwifery student at ACU Melbourne.

The Follow Through Journey is a relationship based case study I must complete before I can become a qualified midwife. In the three years, I must follow 20 women through their pregnancy, and up to six weeks postnatal follow up.

This means building a relationship with the woman and their partners/families who are also closely involved, whilst attending anything involving the pregnancy with those people such as antenatal appointments, birthing classes, ultrasounds etc. This enables me to gain more knowledge in a real life and clinical environment as well as being there for the woman.

The birth is completely optional so there is no pressure to feel like you need to have me there if that is not what you want. Obviously I'm not qualified to provide you with any direct care, however, if you are happy for me to be there I will simply be a familiar face in a supporting role during the labour and birth, to just hold your hand, give you massages or anything you need.

After the birth I can also be there for you. If you have any postnatal appointments I can attend those with you, of not I just pay a visit to see how you are going and adapting to your new life/role as a mother. So here I can also be a great resource for you with any concerns or queries you may have, whilst I also gain the knowledge and skills required to become a great midwife!

I will be as involved or uninvolved as you want, and at anytime, you can withdraw from the program.

If you are interested or have any questions please don’t hesitate to email me:

I look forward to hearing from you