+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Arrow Just stopped the pill

Hi ladies,

My husband and I decided to stop the pill on Sunday and start trying for our first baby :-) so it's been 3 days without birth control and I guess I am just unsure about what is happening with my body.

My breasts are very sore and I am just getting very slight spotting today. Out of pure excitement, I bought maybebaby yesterday and did the saliva test and a very clear fern pattern was present. I did it again today and it wasn't there.

So I am just not sure what stage I am at in my cycle? Ovulating, period or just the symptoms from the chemicals leaving my body?

Any insight would be appreciated as I am clueless :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    did you have your last period, you know the last one whilst on the pill?

if yes then you can start trying and will hopefully ovulate on around day 14 from the first day of your period. or if you just stopped the pill mid cycle, you may have to wait for a full period to come your way so you know what's going on

Thanks
    Reviews
    not sure if this will help but after comming of the pill after 10 yrs or so, i became pregnant straight away within the month i got off it. Did not wait for AF (it never came), no pregnancy sypmtoms except the obvious after I found out that i was actually 8 weeks pregg lol. It was an easy wonderful pregnancy
    Everyone is different tho. goodluck ttc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I stopped the pill towards the end of November after being on it for years and years.

As I stopped it only about 3/4s of the way through my cycle I got my period within 2 or 3 days.

I then had EWCM around the time of ovulation but when I tested for ovulation it kept coming up negative.

I got my next period (which was unlike any period I had ever had before whilst I was on the pill - more intense etc) at about day 33 in December and ovulated 11th/12th January and was pregnant when I tested on 24th January!

I didn't expect it to happen so quickly.

Good luck! In regards to if you are ovulating or getting your period would depend on when you stopped the pill in your cycle. As merri berri said if you stopped mid cycle you will get your period and cycle will start over again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies!

My withdrawal bleed period started last night - I stopped the pill packet half way through - was too excited to finish it

I will wait til the bleeding stops and then track through ovulation kit.

Our general plan is to BD every second day though, is this right even during ovulation, or should we go nuts around this time?

Thanks again!!!!!

Clo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd start tracking ovulation first, so you don't tire yourselves out!

Only reason I say this is I went off the pill, had the withdrawal bleed, then no period for 10 months (!).
    If we have of been DTD every second day, I don't think we'd want to do it anymore ....although I doubt we would have kept it up for that long!

Hoping you have a much speedier cycle return and lots of

Thanks
    Reviews
    i conceived my DD the first month off the pill after being on it 14 years.
    i waited for withdrawel bleed (finished pill packet) and then DTD about CD 12, 14, 16 days and never got another period, only implantation bleeding, so that's why i didnt find out till 6 weeks that i was preggers, as i presumed my implantation bleeding was my first ever so light period after coming off the pill. but 2 weeks later, symptoms kicked in and i just knew.

Fingers crossed you too have some good luck come your way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much ladies for your advice! It really is so helpful! I kinda feel a bit lost at the moment with what to do. I have a maybebaby ovulation tracker and have a pee kit coming as well in the post. So my withdrawal period is slowing down already, so when do you think I should start checking for ovulation hormones?

I will likely do maybebaby everyday because its reuseable and I cant help myself.

I have every part of me crossed hoping that it happens in the next 3 months!

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    well your cycle day 10 will be on march 1st, so start DTD every 2nd day from this tues till about CD 18. then give yourselves a rest. if you do get a fully-fledged fern, then ensure you do it that night and the following 2 days after too, but i found although i was excited to use my maybe baby, that it wasnt as accurate as OPKs, as maybe baby you really have to ensure you havent eaten or had anything to drink for 3 hours prior, but peeing on a stick is alot easier. hope you soon get your OPKs and start using them as of the 1st for about 7 days or until you get a +opk. remember the testing line needs to be as dark or darker than control line, as they act differently to + preg tests, where 2 lines of any shade of the colour mean preggers