+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default whats the best perth suburbs

where do you think is good to buy and live?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's a pretty broad question because Perth has a lot of suburbs and it depends what you want - beach, river, hills, acreage, proximity to schools, what type of schools, close to CBD or work, etc. Personally I love the part of Bayswater that we live in but wouldn't recommend any other part of the suburb. We are close to the river and Maylands and Mount Lawley cafe strips. We are also close to CBD and several options for public transport. We can get to the swan valley easily, the freeway too, Tonkin hwy, etc. We also have a nice big block and a school 5 mins walk down the road.

I also like where my IL's live in city beach though because they can walk to the beach and are still close to the CBD. There are some other cheaper suburbs that are a bit further inland too but which are still very close to the beach. It just depends what you are looking for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok i like the hills or close to the beach obviously doenst have to be both. currently renting in helena valley which is nice. like to be close to shops, drs, dentists, cafes etc. Larger than the tiny 600sqm blocks is very important. would be good to be close to tafes or uni and good schools. Man sounds like i want it all rolled into one lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah you definitely can't have the hills and the beach. Lol! You also won't find many larger than 600sqm blocks close to tafe or uni's because they're all being turned into villas and townhouses. I love where we are in Bayswater as I said. It's close to many things so very central and ours is 597sqm but there are bigger blocks in our area. They aren't new houses on those blocks mind you but they aren't hugely expensive given their proximity to CBD and they'll be a good investment in years to come. Plenty of other suburbs in Perth though and all have good things going for them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HOMS For This Useful Post:

sugar n spice  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Were moving to Baldivis and i think it has alot to offer.
    Freeway and public transport is right on our doorstep. Loads of new schools, new estates and so many large beautiful parks, blocks are a decent size, theres uni and tafe within a 5-10 minute drive. And as for hills and beach, I also love both, ive grown up on 6 acers with mum and dad and DP and i love love love the beach and feel its such a huge part of Australia, so another reason why we choose Baldivis is the fact its 15 mins drive to my parents property and theres a surf beach 10 mins away and a more family friendly beach 10 mins away. Although a good 45 mins drive/ 35min train to the city but thats dosnt bother me.

Also there ment to be building the biggest shopping centre in the southern Hemispere

7. The Following User Says Thank You to buboven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I grew up in Fremantle ..that (if I had to ) would be the only suburb i would live in ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I live in rockingham, 30 mins south of perth right beside the ocean! I love it. I personally would mever live IN fremantle! Love what it has to offer, just not in the city living!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buboven View Post
    Freeway and public transport is right on our doorstep. Loads of new schools, new estates and so many large beautiful parks, blocks are a decent size, theres uni and tafe within a 5-10 minute drive. And as for hills and beach, I also love both, ive grown up on 6 acers with mum and dad and DP and i love love love the beach and feel its such a huge part of Australia, so another reason why we choose Baldivis is the fact its 15 mins drive to my parents property and theres a surf beach 10 mins away and a more family friendly beach 10 mins away. Although a good 45 mins drive/ 35min train to the city but thats dosnt bother me.

Also there ment to be building the biggest shopping centre in the southern Hemispere
    I have yet to see that shopping centre.. Its taken them like 4 years to build the tiny thing that is there now!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by buboven View Post

checking out the houses online at the moment and OMG the houses you can get for your money ohhhh i like i like. might check the area out on sunday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kingsley and Greenwood are great. Close to public transport, great schools, sporting grounds/facilities, good shops, real family areas

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post: