+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Canberra mums
    I'm not new to Canberra, I've been here all my life, but I feel new as all my friends have up and left So I'd love to meet up- I am a south sider, but happy to travel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maplewattle - TT is in the beginning stages right now - I'm sitting him on the toilet when he wakes up, before lunch, before afternoon nap, before dinner and before bed also whenever he asks to go. Nothing has happened yet, but I'm hoping we get lucky and fluke a wee while he's on the loo - I think once that happens it may start clicking. We haven't progressed to undies yet. I feel a little lost with the TT'ing - don't really know where it go next or when to do it, I'm just kind of going with the flow and taking cues from DS1! If anyone has any advice/tips I'm all ears! He's only just turned 2 in January so we are not stressed that he's not TT'ed. We started trying to TT last year when he started showing signs of being ready, but then there was all the drama surrounding DS2's birth so we didn't push it as his world was turned upside down.

Hi Lachysmama - I have a Lachlan as well! A catch up sounds good, I think there is a mix of North & South siders here - does anyone have any suggestions about a central meeting place that is kid friendly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there sorry I haven't replied for a while my internet and phone connection have been down for the past 2 weeks due to flooded lines in our street.

Welcome to Lachysmama and Maplewattle.

Also welcome to Canberra Maplewattle, it must seem like a big change from Canada.

Mamacub hope you are recovering from your husband being home sick. My husband is working from home at the moment and it does do your head in sometimes putting up with their little quirks. Then again I probably drive him around the bend as well .... so its a bit like pass the parcel.

Hello again to kschoey, the Canberra show sounded interesting, I didn't make it this year but will definitely try to go next year when Sophie is a little bigger.

Sophie is teething at the moment and fairly fractious so I am not getting much sleep. Just waiting for the tooth to come through and hoping for a quiet period - this is probably wishful thinking on my part.

I would also be happy to meet up with other mums as I am fairly housebound and don't know that many people in Canberra either. In relation to a central meeting place for north and southsiders, there is a really nice cafe in Phillip called the Chocolate Olive (funny name I know) which is very friendly and has nice food and coffee, otherwise there is Tilleys in Lyneham.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sally

Welcome. Congratulations on your new son. I have a DD who is 4 months+ and one fur child as well - a naughty cat. I am also a teacher (although I have been working in other areas for a few years) I am thinking about returning later this year or next year depending on how long the registration process takes.

I am still interested in meeting up with other mums for a coffee if people are interested (see earlier thread).

Mandy

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Meetup?

Hi everyone,

I've recently moved to Canberra and begun life as a stay at home mum, having resigned from 11 years in the public service. I have a 10 month old daughter. I am British but have spent the last 3 years in India for work, so finding Canberra pretty quiet! I only know a couple of people so would love to get out and meet some more.
    Did the mums on this thread ever meet up? If not would anyone like to, we can arrange a coffee, walk or playcentre??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sariah

I would be happy to catch up for a coffee. I haven't tried any of the play groups yet, but a meeting at a play group or paint and play could also be another option, I am happy to meet north or southside.

Cheers Mandy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cuddles3,

That's great, would love to catch up! I've recently started going to a playgroup in AInslie which is really nice, if that's any good for you. Also happy to meet you for coffee somewhere first, and anyone else out there who fancies getting out the house...

Why don't you email me and we'll arrange something: ashleysneader@hotmail.co.uk

Look forward to hearing from you

Sariah

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New to Canberra and living in Belconnen area

Hi mamacub
    Where is the group in kippax as I live in holt & u have a 9 week old baby girl..what kind if things do ye do

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New to Canberra and living in Belconnen area

Sorry I meant I have a 9week old girl.
    Has anyone started to meet up yet?im living in canberra a year now due to my partners work situation. only know a few people but would be keen to meet other mamas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tappyboo - will pm you with the details.