+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New to Canberra and living in Belconnen area

Hi there, I have recently moved to Belconnen and have a little girl who is 3 months old. I am interested in chatting (if that is the appropriate terminology for threads) with other mothers in the Canberra and Northside areas.

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    Welcome to Belconnen!!!

I'm a SAHM to 2 boys (2 yo and 10 week old) also in the Belc area. It's been really quiet in here, but would be nice to get chat happening.

Why the move - change of scenery or job?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mamacub, thanks for the response, I agree it's great to have a busy online forum. I have been living in Canberra for a couple of years now (I am originally from Melbourne), but I was living o/seas in Norway for a large part of last year. I am currently a SAHM with a 3 month old girl called Sophie, a very attention seeking cat and my partner and slowly adapting to motherhood. Would love to chat anytime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I'm mum to a 4 week old boy and live in the gungahlin area. Am on maternity leave for the next year and happy to chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cuddles3 - Wow Norway - that sounds interesting! It is a bit of an adjustment to Motherhood first time around! Is that Sophie in your profile pic? She's beautiful. Congrats! (A bit belated I know)

kschoey - congrats on your little boy! How are you settling into life with a baby?

Anyone want to share what they did before motherhood? I worked in Politics until I had DS1 2 years ago but have not yet returned to work. I plan to go back to work part time when DS2 is 12 months - probably won't go back to APH as hours are too long and I don't want to travel and be away from my boys!

Well, I'm off to Belco mall to buy a toilet seat as we have started TT'ing DS1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mamacub and welcome kschoey.

In response to the picture it isn't Sophie, but I think I will change it - I joined bubhub a few weeks before she was born and just downloaded something I thought was appropriate, I am still learning the forum etiquette. Your job sounds very interesting, I completed a Politics degree years ago but went into teaching (bit of a mistake in hindsight). I am really interested in studying Deliberative Democracy at ANU, but time constraints and energy levels always seem to get in the way. I went to Norway with my husband, as he was working on a project there, it is a very cold and at times introspective place, not unlike Canberra - funnily enough.

And kschoey....apologies for talking about myself, how are you finding life with a 4 month old?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mamacub and cuddles3. Must say I'm loving being a mum and it's made easier because Liam has been quite a good boy. We had some problems ttc and feel so blessed to finally be parents!

Pre motherhood I was a public servant working for DEEWR. I've been in the service for 14yrs now in various roles - its what brought me to cbr. Am glad I'm not at work currently with the leadership scuffle plus they're offering redundancies. I certainly don't miss work!

Anyone planning on heading to the show? We went today and I'm exhausted! My parents are visiting from Perth so we thought we'd check it out. They had an awesome breast feeding association area. Was a little oasis with chg tables, toys, comfy couch for feeding, free water and a massive fan to cool you down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I am a mom of an almost two year old girl, and an almost three year old boy.

We are moving to Forde this Saturday due to hubbies work and I would love to chat or meet up with some Moms.

I am currently a SAHM having resigned form my role as a pharmaceutical rep due to the move. I am hoping to "start afresh" in Canberra and maybe look at studying something (not sure what) at ANU. I am originally from Canada.

Does anyone know of any playgroups in the North area?

The show sounds great! We'll have to check it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How has everyone been? DH has been home sick from work for going on a week now and is driving me batty! Love the man to the end of the earth, but I find everyday errands/stuff (swimming lessons, grocery shopping, playgroup etc) I do during the week easier on my own

Speaking of playgroups - Maplewattle - I just joined one 3 weeks ago and I'm pretty happy with it, but it may be a little far away (in Kippax). If you want details pm me. People that run it are good, the Mums are friendly and non-judgey and the kids are pretty well behaved (as well behaved as kids are)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamacub For This Useful Post:

maplewattle  (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH has been working in Canberra and the kids and I are still up here. It gives me a whole new respect for single parents!!

Congrats cuddles3 and kschoey on your new little ones. It's so exciting (and so crazy) all at the same! I remember the early months as a bit hazy, trying to cope with sleep deprivation!

How is TT going mamacub? I think we may end up doing DS and DD at the same time due to "hecticness" in moving etc.