+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tubes tied and vasectomy how much do they cost?

Like the tittle says dh or I are going to get one of these done this year and seems he has a pretty full on picking season coming up I'm thinking of getting my tubes done but want to know from people that have had experience of getting one of these done how much each cost? And we are 25, 26 they should let us get it done after 3 kids right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Suscribing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My friend looked into getting her husband done (he turns 27 this year) and I think she said it was either 1700 or 2700 (I can't remember which one, sorry) to get a vasectomy. I was asking because I don't want anymore children after this one and DH said he'd get done.

The only thing they said about the age was that because they are so young sometimes its not always 100%? And its so expensive because its reversible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My BIL wasn't 30 yet and after 3 kids want a Vasectomy but the doctor wouldn't allow him to have it done.

My DH has had a vasectomy as he didn't want me to have my tubes tied.

He & I had to have a meeting with the doctor to make sure this is something we both wanted.

We then had to go into the doctor that morning to have the numbing gel put on, then came back 2 hours later and had it done.

It cost about $500 and we got about half back through medicare.

It hurt, he laid in bed for the weekend but was back at work on Monday.

Dont forget the 2 follow up consultations to check his sperm count.

I am unsure for the price of having your tubes tied. Sorry.

Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Here in VIC it is more expensive to get your tubes tied. My DH had the snip done last year & it cost a total of $400 & 30 minutes. We got about $250 back on medicare I think it was.

He got the "no scalpel" method from Dr. Snip:

http://www.drsnip.com.au/

Walk in . Walk out. DH & I DTD the next day LOL (I think DH needed to prove to himself he was still a man!)

Oh - & I know at least 2 women who have fallen pregnant after getting their tubes tied!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've just rang up to organise DH to have the snip done and was quoted $1500 with $380 back from Medicare. He is 30 and they have no problem doing it at his age but you will need to ring around to different places that allow it due to age..
    I'm getting my tubes tied on Friday during my c/s but everything is covered under private health but I'd say it'd be a few thousands if you don't have PHI
    Last edited by BabyG4; 21-02-2012 at 14:34.